LiteON DVDR Case Butcherup
Had this case for nearly 5 years waiting for a HTPC project. Originally contemplated putting my Classic XBOX in it but it wouldn't have fit.

Here are the original insides, with a few wires missing. The original DVDR drive is actually a standard 5.25" size one, just with a slightly oddly shaped plastic outer case.

And here it is gutted. Kept the PSU, might come in handy one day Smile

Front view, inc me experimenting with wedging an external USB dvd drive in the slot. Lots of lovely buttons and space for an LCD, and the flap on the right is ripe for usb,knobs and levers
This is the rig during Win7 install, 1.5TB Hard drive, the mobo is a ZOTAC IONITX Atom, single core (still does 1080P, tho) and 2GB ram. http://pdfr.zotac.com/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=1

Drilling templates for the motherboard and hard drive. Also up to this point planned to cut out the ATX backplane with a jigsaw, but decided later to just leave off the entire back panel to assist with passive cooling. (and because I couldn't be bothered)

Rig bolted in, drive is on risers, mobo is on long bolts with bits of butchered rawl plugs used as standoffs. Line out and USB are roughly rigged to behind the front flap. Power switch is on right of this picture, also ran an LED to it for a faint greenish glow (no blue LEDs lying around). Also still experimenting with the DVD drive but decided to leave it external for now (see todo list)

Hooked up, in the unit and plugged into telly (VGA 1280x768x60Hz) and 2.1 speaker setup (sub is centered behind screen on windowledge!). Wireless keyboard and mouse also pictured (one of the two black lumps you can see on the right speaker is the receiver, the other black lump is the volume knob for the amp).

Todo:
  • Get a decent NAS box and put the HD in that
  • Replace HD with SSD for OS
  • Wedge in a standard 5.25" DVD drive using space that the HD has freed up
  • Get a FLIRC so I can use the remote
  • Wire up the front buttons for basic menu/play functionality
Update: Passed the bass-up-full-lights-turned-off-Tron-Legacy-1080P test brilliantly Big Grin
that is so nice man!!!

congratz Smile
Thanks for your appreciation, I LOL'd when I saw your HTPC thread and that your shakedown test was also Tron:Legacy 1080P Big Grin
Tron:Legacy rocks!! Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiteON DVDR Case Butcherup0