Pass through a keyboard command
I can browse/game while another person uses XBMC without any issues at the same time. XBMC is controlled using XBMC_android.

XBMC_android has a feature that sends the keyboard press 's' (key id='61523') to XBMC through http. By default this brings up the shutdown menu.

What I'm trying to do is have <key id='61523'> to send a raw keyboard shortcut "CTRL+SHIFT+S" which can be intercepted by windows.
This will make XBMC switch monitors via an external program, running in the background.

I can do this in XBMC using the keyboard. However I can't map this action to a single <key id='61523'> so doing this using the android app does not work. I've tried playing around with keymap.xml but to no avail. What I need is for the action entry to be a raw keyboard press (such as CTRL+SHIFT+S or similar) rather than a direct XBMC command.

Any ideas?
Try /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey(258131)

The number 258131 may seem a bit obscure, but look at in hex where it's 0x03F053. If you compare this to 61523, which is 0xF053, the difference is the leading 0x03. This byte is a bitmask indicating which key modifiers are held down. 0x01 is ctrl and 0x02 is shift, so 0x03 is ctrl-shift and 0x03F053 is ctrl-shift-S.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pass through a keyboard command0