Getting Lucid 10.04 + xbmc-standalone (Dharma) to shutdown correctly
I realise that there are a couple of threads dealing with this issue at the moment but they all seem to be dealing with later versions of the software which I don't have.

My problem is that selecting shutdown from within xbmc causes xbmc to appear to hang. It becomes unresponsive and the TV just continues to show the shutdown menu.

I am running xbmc-standalone as a GDM session with GDM setup to autologin as the xbmc user.

Ssh'ing into the box tells me that xbmc.bin is still running and never exits. The box is responsive to ssh and I'm able to shutdown manually from there using 'sudo shutdown -h now'.

Following the other threads has led me to make a few changes to various files, namely;

Sudoers:
Code:
# /etc/sudoers
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

Defaults        env_reset

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification
Cmnd_Alias SHUTDOWN_CMDS = /sbin/shutdown, /sbin/reboot, /sbin/halt, /sbin/poweroff, /sbin/pm-suspend

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Members of the admin group may gain root privileges
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command after they have
# provided their password
# (Note that later entries override this, so you might need to move
# it further down)
%sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL

#includedir /etc/sudoers.d

### XBMC-specific configuration ###
xbmc ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: SHUTDOWN_CMDS

customactions.pkla
Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*
ResultActive=yes

I've logged in as the xbmc user and have verified that I am able to 'sudo shutdown' without using the password.

This is the last thing I need to get working before I have a great setup. Having to ssh into the box to shut it down is somewhat annoying (It's a laptop with a closed lid so getting to the power button requires some voodoo).

Thanks for any help
Mr Wonka
Hi Mr Wonka,

By any chance, do you have intel graphics? If so, have a look at which version of intel-dri you have installed.

See my last post of this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104160&page=2

Downgrading intel-dri should solve the issue.

Cheers.
padfoot,

I've just seen this post and was very excited until I got to the bit about intel graphics. You see, I'm running a Radeon Mobility 7500 and so that won't help at all Sad

But thanks for the response though Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Lucid 10.04 + xbmc-standalone (Dharma) to shutdown correctly0