• 20(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
(2013-04-12, 06:56)peram Wrote: What I have done to handle this is modifying the default profile of MakeMKV (default.mmcp.xml) like so :

Code:
app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(nor|eng),-sel:(havemulti),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"

This makes sure that MakeMKV always selects the nor(wegian) and eng(lish) audio and subtitle tracks if present, and the "best quality" audiostream).

Hope this helps..

regs,

peram

Thank you very much. That helped. Do you know how to specify one language as first stream?

Is there an option to shutdown the PC after encoding with handbrake?
(2013-04-12, 13:33)Intermezzo Wrote:
(2013-04-12, 06:56)peram Wrote: What I have done to handle this is modifying the default profile of MakeMKV (default.mmcp.xml) like so :

Code:
app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(nor|eng),-sel:(havemulti),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"

This makes sure that MakeMKV always selects the nor(wegian) and eng(lish) audio and subtitle tracks if present, and the "best quality" audiostream).

Hope this helps..

regs,

peram

Thank you very much. That helped. Do you know how to specify one language as first stream?

Is there an option to shutdown the PC after encoding with handbrake?

The last thing in the string peram posted (100:all,-10:favlang) makes the language that is set as the favourite language in MakeMKV (View - Preferences - Language) to be the first stream, the lower value the higher priority, the "100:all" sets all languages to 100 and then -10 for favourite language.

You can also define the language like this for making german streams the first one.
Code:
=100:all,-10:ger

But be aware of if MakeMKV doesn't find any audio (or subtitle) stream that matches your settings it will rip the movie without that stream, so you might end up with a rip without audio.
Spinalcrack, I'm having a problem with the AutoRipDVD creating 2 video files in the final folder so it is displaying twice in my xbmc.

For example if the movie is Warrior, the folder "warrior" is created properly in my media folder. Inside that warrior folder there will be 2 video files: warrior00 and warrior01.

I tried to read through as many pages of this thread as possible so I wouldn't be redundant but didn't find anything. I appreciate any help in advance.
Actually it looks like its a problem with makemkv. Has anyone ever seen this? Makemkv is finding the same region twice and then ripping both.
I've seen it, but it's not MakeMKV's fault, its the DVD structure, atleast if it's not for all movies...

Are the files bout the same size, identical or maybe one part is just some extra?

Sometimes the commentary version is presented as an own version instead of just an audio stream and so on.
Ya all you can really do in this case is delete one of the rips in xbmc after it completes as both streams are valid from MakeMKV's point of view.
Thank you both for the response. I should have re-posted earlier because I found out some of the same. It only does it on certain discs and I was just lucky enough that all 3 of the discs I was testing with had these dual titles.

The 4th and 5th discs I tried worked great and I've been rolling ever since...
(2013-04-22, 04:03)Encompassed Wrote: Thank you both for the response. I should have re-posted earlier because I found out some of the same. It only does it on certain discs and I was just lucky enough that all 3 of the discs I was testing with had these dual titles.

The 4th and 5th discs I tried worked great and I've been rolling ever since...

Woot! Awesome!
Spinalcrack - I'm having an issue with the naming of the file after the movie is ripped. Is there a way the file name can be saved as the actual movie name? Wanting to change the output file name and remove the 01 or 001 that is listed in the file name...

Thanks in advance!
(2013-05-17, 15:38)mdbennett3 Wrote: Spinalcrack - I'm having an issue with the naming of the file after the movie is ripped. Is there a way the file name can be saved as the actual movie name? Wanting to change the output file name and remove the 01 or 001 that is listed in the file name...

Thanks in advance!

The reason that the file name has the numbers on the end is because MakeMKV will rip any stream over the minimum rip length you set in the options. So if there is say 3 streams it will create title01, title02, title03. The script then changes title to the name of the movie and puts an underscore between it and the number. If it removed the number, only the last stream would be saved as each would overwrite each other. You would also probably have to code in error handling to the script as it would warn that a file with that name already exists. If you want to play around with it you can change this part at the bottom of the script

Code:
:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%

The 5 characters are the letters of "title" that MakeMKV creates. If you change it to read:

Code:
:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"%fname:~7%

That in theory should remove 7 letters and replace it with the volume name of the CD which is normally the movie title. So instead of "title01" becoming "STAR_TREK_01", it would become "STAR_TREK".

If there is only one stream it will work out fine. If there are two streams you will have "title01" become "STAR_TREK" and "title02" try to become "STAR_TREK" and generate an error that currently won't be handled by the script well.

Can I ask why you want to remove the numbering? It should not affect XBMC from adding it to the library correctly at all.
I am relatively new to XBMC and media centers in general. I have attempted to download the program AutoRipDVD executable from several sources and found that the files were infected with a Trojan horse. I was successful at copying the script file from the original post and have pasted it into notepad and saved it as a .bat file. This has worked very well. It appears that you have made numerous enhancements to the original file and I would like to capture your most recent posting so that I am using the most up to date code.

Finally, you may want to check each of the files on the various download sites that you have mentioned throughout the thread and make sure that the files are representative of the fine product that you have taken the time to code.

Thank you so much for your contribution to this community.
There is no Trojan. It's a false positive. You can open each file and look at the source. Nothing malicious at all. Some virus scanner just do not like script files that give the splash screens but I assure you, there is no virus in these files.
Hi guys I've trouble to download the autoripdvd.zip file ...
can you check the link in the first page?
thank you.

>>>> SOLVED, soorry!
Hi guys,
I've hard problems to understand how to setting up advance launcher to work with autoripDvd ....

can you explain step by step, please.
AUTOrip DVD can save files over a SMB destination?

I've done some small test and my Autorip DVD installation has no problem to save files in a local folder.

Instead No way to save files into my NAS over SMB connection! Sad
smb://NAS/Multimedia/Cinema/
I've modded the bat file with this destination, without any luck.
This folder of my nas do not have any "password" protection.

It's my fault (I hope yes) or is a limitation of the script?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9