• 3(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
(2012-04-11, 13:09)macky Wrote: I would like to amend the last line of the code, the file rename, but I'm not sure of the coding used.

I want DVD in the filename so XBMC shows a DVD case e.g. Moviename.dvd.mkv

What would be the code for that?

XBMC should autodetect the resolution as soon as you play the disc and set the DVD box... but to do what you are requesting, add this line to the code to the AutoRipDVD.bat file:

Code:
set volid="%volid%.dvd."

Add it in the last section so it reads as follows, (positioning is critical)

Code:
:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
set volid="%volid%.dvd."
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%

I haven't tested this as I am currently not on my main computer, but it should work. Let me know how it goes.

*Note: This will flag all rips as DVD's even if they are Blu-Ray's
Hi, I've just tried this out, firstly, great script very useful, although now I've got over 300 DVDs to work through Tongue

I've just ripped my first DVD (300), which worked fine accept subtitles are always on and I'm unable to turn them off, seems they may have been hardcoded. Any ideas?

Also, doesn't appear the file rename has worked, although this may be because the film is called "300" looks like your script deletes first few charecters? My file has turned out as "TeraBoxx_00.mkv" Which is stored within a folder called TeraBoxx.

Teraboxx is the name I've given to my Terabyte drive so not sure why it's picking this up?
(2012-04-26, 18:08)denz13 Wrote: Hi, I've just tried this out, firstly, great script very useful, although now I've got over 300 DVDs to work through Tongue

I've just ripped my first DVD (300), which worked fine accept subtitles are always on and I'm unable to turn them off, seems they may have been hardcoded. Any ideas?

Also, doesn't appear the file rename has worked, although this may be because the film is called "300" looks like your script deletes first few charecters? My file has turned out as "TeraBoxx_00.mkv" Which is stored within a folder called TeraBoxx.

Teraboxx is the name I've given to my Terabyte drive so not sure why it's picking this up?

The script won't add subtitles or grab them seperately from the original disc, so they must have been hardcoded into the movie before the rip.

That is strange about the renaming. Is this the only disc that has the issue or do all discs you are ripping get named TeraBoxx? The script uses the volume name of whatever drive letter you set in the AutoRipDVD.bat file at the top. The reason the script deletes anything is because all titles are ripped as "title_00, title_01 etc etc", by MakeMKV, and then the script renames them to the volume name of the DVD drive as it is the same name as the movie 99% of the time.

Please check in windows what the volume name of the DVD drive is with the 300 disc in it. Also please double check all your paths and settings in the AutoRipDVD.bat file. Some paths need the trailing slash.

Report back and I'll try and get this resolved for you.

Feel like an idiot now! Had the wrong drive letter, thanks SpinalCrack.

I've still got the issue where the subtitles show on 300 after it's ripped, I've played the DVD itself through XBMC and there aren't subtitles in it. Strange

The AutoDVDRip also minimizes my XBMC and doesn't re-maximize, is there a config I'm missing that can prevent this?
(2012-04-26, 22:54)denz13 Wrote: Feel like an idiot now! Had the wrong drive letter, thanks SpinalCrack.

I've still got the issue where the subtitles show on 300 after it's ripped, I've played the DVD itself through XBMC and there aren't subtitles in it. Strange

The AutoDVDRip also minimizes my XBMC and doesn't re-maximize, is there a config I'm missing that can prevent this?

Hmm, ya that is bizzare about the subtitles. There must be a stream on the disc that has them hardcoded or something that its grabbing, and a different stream when you just play it, because the script and MakeMKV cannot add the subtitles.

Your minimize/maximize issue is the first I've heard of this happening and I've never experienced it myself so only guessing here, but try setting your XBMC system settings to use fullscreen windowed mode instead of a true fullscreen and it should fix it I think.
Awesome addon!! Im having a problem though. Followed the instruction and when I launch AutoDVDRip from XBMC it minimizes XBMC and gives the message about starting and it could be awhile etc., but after about 5 min it opens the drive and there is nothing in my c:/Movies/. I even did a search and could not find the rip anywhere. Anyone have any suggestion?
(2012-04-27, 15:30)Joeforsale Wrote: Awesome addon!! Im having a problem though. Followed the instruction and when I launch AutoDVDRip from XBMC it minimizes XBMC and gives the message about starting and it could be awhile etc., but after about 5 min it opens the drive and there is nothing in my c:/Movies/. I even did a search and could not find the rip anywhere. Anyone have any suggestion?

Please open and copy your AutoRipDVD.bat file and paste it here so I can see your settings and I'll try to help.
(2012-04-27, 15:50)Spinalcrack Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 15:30)Joeforsale Wrote: Awesome addon!! Im having a problem though. Followed the instruction and when I launch AutoDVDRip from XBMC it minimizes XBMC and gives the message about starting and it could be awhile etc., but after about 5 min it opens the drive and there is nothing in my c:/Movies/. I even did a search and could not find the rip anywhere. Anyone have any suggestion?

Please open and copy your AutoRipDVD.bat file and paste it here so I can see your settings and I'll try to help.

I'm glad you asked Big Grin When I went to go copy it I realized that I had not probably labeled my RipDir. Again, this is an awesome addon. A must have for HTPCs!
(2012-04-27, 19:30)Joeforsale Wrote: I'm glad you asked Big Grin When I went to go copy it I realized that I had not probably labeled my RipDir. Again, this is an awesome addon. A must have for HTPCs!

Oh awesome, I'm glad it was an easy fix! Smile Thank you for the compliments too. I find AutoRipDVD super useful and very happy to share it, and see people enjoying it too.
Also, setting XBMC to Full Screen Windowed mode stopped it from minimizing for me. This is not a request but merely a question: What would it take to have AutoRipDVD ask you whether you are ripping a tv show (change RipMinSeconds accordingly) or Movie and then place them in the appropriate folder? Also, for:

How hard would it be to have it possibly scan IMDB for proper title and then let you select what the proper title is before renaming?
(2012-04-27, 20:04)Joeforsale Wrote: Also, setting XBMC to Full Screen Windowed mode stopped it from minimizing for me. This is not a request but merely a question: What would it take to have AutoRipDVD ask you whether you are ripping a tv show (change RipMinSeconds accordingly) or Movie and then place them in the appropriate folder? Also, for:

How hard would it be to have it possibly scan IMDB for proper title and then let you select what the proper title is before renaming?

The easiest way to accomplish your first question is to simply install AutoRipDVD a second time into a different location, set the paths for TV Shows in the AutoRipDVD.bat file as well as the minimum rip time, then create a seperate launcher to "Rip TV Show".

So basically you have one launcher to rip movies and one to rip tv shows.

The second question on scrapping imdb is beyond the scope of this program. You would need to do a proper python addon, which is very possible to do, but isn't something I am capable of. If I ever get enough free time (unlikely), I will sit down, teach myself python and do up something a bit more polished.
I'm having an issue now when I try to copy a Bluray the OSDAutoRip text file shows on screen and nothing gets copied. Any suggestions? Also, the scrapper can never find the movies when I update library.
Wired but it actually was making a copy. I assumed it wasn't because there was an empty Fellowship of the Ring folder created, but the movie was actually placed in a folder titled ECHO.
(2012-04-29, 02:17)Joeforsale Wrote: Wired but it actually was making a copy. I assumed it wasn't because there was an empty Fellowship of the Ring folder created, but the movie was actually placed in a folder titled ECHO.

It seems you may have changed some of the files other than just the settings in AutoRipDVD.bat at the top? Did you alter other code at all? Maybe accidentally?

I would recommend re-downloading a fresh copy and very carefully change the settings at the top of the text file. No one else has reported these issues and I cannot duplicate them on three different systems of my own. So probably just an accidental code change maybe, so things are going a little haywire.
(2012-04-29, 00:34)Joeforsale Wrote: I'm having an issue now when I try to copy a Bluray the OSDAutoRip text file shows on screen and nothing gets copied. Any suggestions? Also, the scrapper can never find the movies when I update library.

Are the volume names of your disc's the same as the movie title? if they are not, or misspelled etc, then they wont scrape. Legit movies almost always have the movie title as the volume name, which the script grabs and renames the file as. If your volume names are not the movie name you can still use the script but will have to manually, either in windows or in the video files section (not library) of xbmc manually rename them to the correct title.
I managed to get my issue with subtitles sorted, and it was exactly that MY issue LOL, didn't realise subtitles were enabled by default on XBMC, reason I hadn't noticed before was because I played videos from DVD which doesn't have subtitles set by default.

Quick question, may be beyond the capabilities of MakeMKV though, is it possible to compress the DVD/BluRay so it doesn't take as much HDD space?

I've seen pretty decent compressed HD quality films at around 5-10GB.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9