EPG not loading with tv_grab_na_dd schedulesdirect
Hi all -

I decided to try the lars-opdenkamp xbmc-pvr package and enabled and configured the tvheadend pvr-client. Configuring the xbmc client was the easy part.

Configuring the tvheadend's epg database is where my issues lie. I'm using IPTV as my video source and if I manually enter the IPTV channels I can view them fine on xbmc and on the tvheadend webgui client. So no issues with the streams and the network.

I purchased a 1 year schedulesdirect account and when I run the tv_grab_na_dd command from the terminal as the 'hts' userid, I'm able to download all my channels and events. From tvheadend, when I click on 'save' in the xmltv configuration tab, I see the command in the syslog:

Jul 09 20:25:43 xmltv: Grabbing "North America (Data Direct)" using command "/usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"
Jul 09 20:29:20 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd: Parsing completed. XML contained 72 channels, 5531 events, 0 new events injected in EPG

I look in my /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/xmltv/channels directory and see it full of files:

xxxx.labs.zapit.com which I'm guessing are the xmltv id files for every channel.

My config:
Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit (2.6.35-28-generic)
xbmc-pvr 2:11.0-pvr+odk40~git20110530.615e173-0ubuntu1~ppa+odk40~maverick
tvheadend 2.12.99~git20110521.8281379~odk2~maverick

However why are '0 new events injected in EPG' ?? I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Please help.
Thanks
I found a similar reported problem here:

http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boards/12/topics/890
bump..
I think I figured it out. I had to first map a defined channel to an XMLTV source. Once I did that, the EPG got populated. Doh.
mythboy Wrote:I think I figured it out. I had to first map a defined channel to an XMLTV source. Once I did that, the EPG got populated. Doh.

hi. how exactly do you do that? thanks
itchy_balls Wrote:hi. how exactly do you do that? thanks

hi itchy balls,

you have to first define a transport to receive your channel stream. for me i have IPTV. For you it may be the more common cable or antenna streams using your tv capture card. once you define your transport channels, map your channel to that stream. after the grabber runs it will see that you have a channel that is properly defined and it will download the epg for it automagically.

keep scratchin itchy balls, eventually you'll get it.
mythboy Wrote:hi itchy balls,

keep scratchin itchy balls, eventually you'll get it.

lol. thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG not loading with tv_grab_na_dd schedulesdirect0