Is there a plugin to log all movie access?
We have an XBMC box set up on an old XBOX in our basement. I want to make sure the kids are not sneaking in to use it without permission, when we're out of the house [or rather, I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be, and want to confirm.] Is there a way for me to log all movie plays besides turning on logging and FTPing over the logs every once in a while?

Side note: I turned on logging but it overlays debug info (FPS, etc) on the screen, which is a bit annoying -- can that be removed?

Thanks all-
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/index.php
Why don't you just password it? It's in the options...

Settings>System>Master Lock

Wink
Thanks for the xbox link, I'll repost there although I was hoping that maybe there'd be a generic plugin ...

Why not lock? Mostly because I want them to have the freedom to go down and turn it on themselves when it's ok, without me having to unlock it each time Wink I don't know if you have kids, but you'll quickly realize how much of a pain it becomes to have a lock on something your kids use regularly (browser, movie player, whatever.) It's better to "trust but verify" Smile
Presto Wrote:Side note: I turned on logging but it overlays debug info (FPS, etc) on the screen, which is a bit annoying -- can that be removed?

Create an advancedsettings.xml file containing:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

This will enable debug logging without displaying anything on the screen. I'm not sure where you put the advancedsettings.xml in the XBox, but someone on the XBox forum will know.

JR
I don't know if this will help you or not, but this is how I do it.

If your XBOX is streaming media from some other PC in your house you can use a free program called Sharemonitor to log who accessed what files and when. Just install it on the server PC.

The default refresh rate (every 500ms) uses too much cpu for your purpose so change it to every 50,000ms or 500,000ms and it will barely use any.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Too...itor.shtml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a plugin to log all movie access?0