[Apple tv1]Blown my whole setup
For years I have been a happy Xbmc user. Most recently dharma and apple tv 2.2 and atvusb creator .10 For no reason my system got caught in a crashing loop which in retrospect I think was due to a faulty hdmi cable.

At the time I stupidly factory restored without thinking to change to component.

No problems I thought. I dug out my old atvusb creator .
No dice nito tv wasn't even there as an option anymore on the front menu screen!! Hence no smart installer!

Next I dug further. I upgraded the Apple software to 3.02 and used the latest atvusb creator version (13 I believe). No dice Once again no into tv or smart installer.

I had recently ordered one of the last apple tvs from micro anvika for a mate and used apple tv flash ( he had already purchased it!!)to enable external USB access for a friend- no problems worked like a dream- another happy Xbmc user.

Right I thought I'll use that. But this gives me access to my into tv and smart installer but it repeatedly crashes. Once I got it the whole way through but it still wouldn't recognise my external drive via USB with all my movies on.

Ssh ( im very basic at this) gives me all kinds of errors. Type 1 and 2 incompatibility or that my address has changed and security won't allow progress.

Is there any way to get out of this? I loved watching my movies with there metadata from Xbmc.
Can I somehow get it back to it's virgin state and rerun usbcreator? Factory restore does not seem to be enough here.
I've successfully upgraded nitotv to try again
It tells me that it is unable to register module with kernel and can't add kernel or kexts
Bump
Still no further forward. Perhaps there is no way back?
I'd restore to factory and try again.
Uncanny. Tried and it worked,,weirdl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple tv1]Blown my whole setup0