How do you pick your media manager?
Only one way to choose to a Media Manager. Find out what you need and then find a/the program that best handles that.
For me, no one program does everything I want so I use several.

Sickbeard for TV. If SB gets artwork I don't like, I replace it manually since it's just a Show Poster and Season posters. Faster to grab it myself than to scan all my shows into Ember to do it. But SB does all the sorting, tracking of missing episodes, writes the nfos and sends notifications to XBMC to update the DB when something new is added which is all I need.
Couch Potato+Ember for movies (Plus MKV Optimizer for stripping out languages I don't need if they exist)
Tag&Rename for music (currently testing out Headphones as well)
And was using BR Movie Tool for trailers until it broke. Currently looking for something to replace it. Would also like to find something that will manage Music Videos but haven't found anything suitable yet.

Archigos Wrote:If you Export the library (as stated above) it will create the associated NFO, Fanart, and Poster, however it WILL overwrite any of those if they already exist. No other 'gibberish' is created. Smile

You can choose to not overwrite existing files when doing an export. That way XBMC will only write any missing NFOs, Fanart and posters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you pick your media manager?0