Total Media Theater 5?
How can I launch TMT5 to play my Blu Ray files w/ My Movies in XBMC?
look up external players in the wiki
I read the wiki, and it say's I need to make a copy/edit the playercorefactory.xml file and put it in the userdata folder. I sort of understand what I am suppose to do, but I have never made changes to a file like this before. How do you suggest I edit the xml file? I tried right clicking> view source, then tried to edit the .txt file, but when I tried to save over the original version I got a message saying "access denied". Huh I'm unsure if I'm even suppose to be doing that? This is all very new to me, can you please provide me with some more detailed information to point me in the right direction, ty.
JoeBlow42069 Wrote:I read the wiki, and it say's I need to make a copy/edit the playercorefactory.xml file and put it in the userdata folder. I sort of understand what I am suppose to do, but I have never made changes to a file like this before. How do you suggest I edit the xml file? I tried right clicking> view source, then tried to edit the .txt file, but when I tried to save over the original version I got a message saying "access denied". Huh I'm unsure if I'm even suppose to be doing that? This is all very new to me, can you please provide me with some more detailed information to point me in the right direction, ty.

You don't edit the existing playercorefactory.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system. You need to create a new file in your profile folder containing just the extra info to define your external player.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\playercorefactory.xml"

and click OK. When you are asked to create a new file answer Yes. Now type or copy and paste whatever you need to put in the playercorefactory.xml. If you explain what external player you're trying to use and for what types of video someone here can probably give an example of the file you need.

JR
I am using Total Media Theater 5 as my Blu Ray/ DVD player. All my Blu Rays are ripped to my hard drive using AnyDvd, and are in folders. What kind of changes do I need to make to the script in order for the correct file types to be played?
I think I can help out with this question. I'm still new with all this, but hoping to contribute as opposed to being the guy that keeps asking questions all the time. Big Grin

Anyway, yours should look like this, with a couple alterations:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>[i][b]InsertFilePathHere[/b][/i]</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="[i][b]InsertFileExtensionHere[/b][/i]" player="TMT5">
   </rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I have put the sections you'll need to change in bold. You can get the file path from the shortcut to TMT5 on your desktop. Then just add the file extension where it says InsertFileExtensionHere. Then just drop it in the folder that jhsrennie instructed you to use.

Once you do that, it should work. Well, at least the same code worked for me, but I'm using MPC-HC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Total Media Theater 5?0