Stack sources
Currently I have 2 servers running in the house. (One 12TB beast and one 2TB machine). Usually the 12TB stays off unless there is an old archived move I want to watch. Or I'm backing up stuff.

Occasionally there is a movie, tv show, etc on both. When XBMC scrapes it, it creates a duplicate. Would it be possible to 'stack' the sources onto one file. Then when I try to play it it'll try both sources before complaining that it is unavailable.

So say...
Green Lantern is at:
nfs://10.0.0.2/Movies/Green Lantern (2011)/Green Lantern.avi
nfs://10.0.0.3/Movies/Green Lantern (2011)/Green Lantern.avi

Rather than making 2 movie entries, there is 1. It tries to grab from both sources. So say I flip off 10.0.0.2, it'll fail back to 10.0.0.3.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I like this. In my opinion, the best way to build something like this in, would be to have XBMC look at it's library, and when scanning in newly found items, ask itself if a file with the same name already exists. If a file with the same name exists in the library from another source/location, XBMC would ask you if it's the same thing as the existing library item. Then you could have a choice to either skip adding that item to your library, or linking both sources as an available playback point for that library item. At least that's how I see it happening in my mind. Smile Just don't ask me how this could be accomplished lol.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
What could be doable 'easily' may be to group the movies w/ the same id (tmdb or imdb) in one entry. Like a set. Then when you enter the folder, XBMC shows the sources where the file is available.

I'm just throwing ideas, I'm not a develloper, and that's why I put quotes around easily. I know it's not, I just think this would be easier than something automated (which would be great in a second time Big Grin ).
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stack sources0