ATV2 - First time XBMC *No videos showing up
I successfully got my ATV2 jailbroken and installed XBMC. However, no matter if I try UPNP (with XBMC installed on my Windows 7 machine) or a Windows share, XBMC fails to see any videos in the directory. I'm working with a video in MKV format currently. What am I doing wrong? It happens either when I go to add a source or browse for files under Add Videos...
Try to get us a debug log: iOS XBMC.log (wiki)
http://pastesite.com/37304
I'm no expert... But I think its an authentication or permission issue with your Samba share...

From the log you can see it trying to access the share and then failing to list the directory.

Code:
17:42:21 T:121950208   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://
17:42:21 T:121950208   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(smb://) failed
17:42:22 T:128552960   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://tsnyder:skaman@TSNYDER%2dPC

I would check the sharing permissions on the storage computer and make sure that the user has full read permissions. Next, I'd try and make it a share with no password, even if its only for troubleshooting purposes. And finally, I'd browse to the computer by IP just to rule out any windows URL parsing or master browser nonsense...

I use SMB shares with 5.1.1 and they work great!
Use the IP instead of the NetBios name of your server.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 - First time XBMC *No videos showing up0