New HTPC build wont play video
I just built a new htpc yesterday and can't get any video to play properly with xbmc. when i click on a movie it just goes to a black screen. if i skip ahead in the movie it will show the picture, but then just moves ahead about 1 frame a second and becomes all distorted. Movies play without a hitch in windows media center so it has to be software related. Using intel i3 integrated graphics, 4gb ram all files are directly on the computer's hard drive. using XBMC 10.1. Any help would be great.
Disable DXVA2 hardware acceleration in the video settings.
i think it was disabled by default. either way i've tried it with it disabled and enabled and it doesn't help.
Audio problem? If XBMC can't find an audio output device you can get this effect.

To get any further we'll need to see a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then restart XBMC and attempt to play a video, then close XBMC again. To open the debug log press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
you know what, i was waiting on an audio card to arrive today and i never even enabled the onboard audio. The audio card ended up being to big so i will have to enable the onboard audio and see what happens.
Alright everything worked great with the onboard audio for a month. Today i installed a new audio card with spdif out so i could hook up my surround sound. When i left the audio setting alone it played fine. If i switch the settings to digital out the video will go back to about 1 frame a second. Any ideas?
after only checking optical/coaxial output and un-checking everything else it will work. as soon as i check dolby digital as a supported format it will not play. my audio card and receiver support dolby digital. im at a loss. here is the log. http://pastebin.com/Gpa94Xdp
you can try to launch xbmc from this folder and change audio output to optical/coax- xbmc_hd_audio.

you can try to playback the same movie using this xbmc. since this version has more audio options, it might help.
Bummer wish that I can help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC build wont play video0