xmbc-pvr + tvheadend = no crystalhd
I would have to check, as mentioned, it was a while ago that these issues were around so it may well have been resolved with XBMC 12 and TVHeadend 3.4. If what you say is true and that is what the CHD needs to decode the live stream, then perhaps it will now work.

I'll try CrystalBuntu and Openelec to see which gets the best results from a stability and performance perspective
I've been able to playback HD live TV from TVHeadend on my Apple TV 1 using BCHD for months. Not sure what you guys are talking about.

EDIT: never mind, see below.
Well this thread is a few months old now. It wasn't working previously, so good to hear that it's working for you. How do you know that the CHD is being utilised? My ATV could handle the 1080i MPEG2 streams fine with out the CHD, which means that saying "the channels play flawlessly" is not validating the CHD is being used.
With a keyboard connected, press "o" to bring up the codec info screen. It will say something like dc:ff-something if it's software decoding, and dc:chd-something when it's using the BCHD.
Well, egg on my face, I am wrong. BCHD is not used for TVHeadend. I must have mixed TVHeadend up in my mind with live (direct) HDHomeRun Prime streams, which do work with BCHD.
Ticket reopened: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11496
Anything further on this issue? Still doesn't work with Tvheadend 3.4 or XBMC 12.2 Frodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xmbc-pvr + tvheadend = no crystalhd0