Now you can use XBMC machine as Home Automation Controller in the mean time
It was a hobby project of mine and I would like to share it with anybody for free as long as it's for personal and non-commercial use.

Currently supports Insteon based lighting and Venstar thermostat, adding support for other protocols such as Z-Wave is fairly easy.

A bit technical information:
Controller is pure C++ and compiles and runs on virtually all platforms including Windows and Linux (and tons of embedded systems).

Administrator tool is a Windows .Net application that remotely configures and manages all your devices and the controller.

Android client is on Android market (free software, even without advertisement).

I would say it has unlimited potential in the future. Feel free to use it and recommend it to others if you like it.

http://qwhomeautomation.com

I know it's a bit off topic but I would like people to use it. Software is meant to be used.
a bit off topic? It's totally off topic. Free or not, this is spam.
nice, i'm sure many home automation users may find this software useful.

personally, i don't see the connection with xbmc, so i'll move this one to off-topic.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I think it would be a slick app if it was built into xbmc, but since its not I don't see how its XBMC related either.Eek
kizer Wrote:I think it would be a slick app if it was built into xbmc, but since its not I don't see how its XBMC related either.Eek
Why build it into xbmc while it can be accessed with one gesture from xbmc android remote?
Well yes I can see that being useful, but since this is a XBMC project website you are asking users to one use XBMC and have an Android phone/tablet when in all reality its going to get used a lot less when all users here have XBMC, but not all have android.

You might as well have a seperate app in your android phone that forgoes the requirement for XBMC all together. Its almost like your trying to package something together just so it can be seen by all the users on XBMC when in fact its totally useless to users of XBMC since XBMC isn't even needed for this to work. I'm not trying to sound attackful, but just pointing out the obvious.
i would love to see this app built into xbmc, to be able to set it to dim lights while a movie starts or tune them up as the scenes get brighter or use this app to adjust backlighteing through scenes, which would blow my mind

the ultimate add-on for the theatre user, i know this would be huge

thank you i'll give it a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now you can use XBMC machine as Home Automation Controller in the mean time0