Media manager - sorter?
Unless I am mistaken, none of the media managers "sort" your files?

For example, if I have the movie "Rango", it doesn't seem like any of the programs will automatically put it into

/Movies/R/Rango (2011)/Rango.the.original.filename.mkv

Is... this the case? So you still have to SORT media yourself?

What if, for example, I had that last folder as "Rango (2010)" - would any report that as an invalid movie or anything...?
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Unless I am mistaken, none of the media managers "sort" your files?

For example, if I have the movie "Rango", it doesn't seem like any of the programs will automatically put it into

/Movies/R/Rango (2011)/Rango.the.original.filename.mkv

Is... this the case? So you still have to SORT media yourself?

What if, for example, I had that last folder as "Rango (2010)" - would any report that as an invalid movie or anything...?

I'm not home right now to check, but I think there's an option in either Ember (Revisited) or XMM2 that will put them into the folder for you... they wouldn't do the first initial like you have above... but you could drop the file "Rango.the.original.filename.mkv" into /Movies/ and they would move it to /Movies/Rango (2011)/Rango (2011).mkv matching file and folder names automatically....

As far as putting "Rango (2010)" by mistake, the program will either not find the movie initially (until you select the correct year) or it will be added as "Rango (2011)" even being marked wrong (wont auto change the name in most cases).

In either case, I've noticed you post in (or at least show interest) in programs like CouchPotato and that will take care of all of it for you, including getting most (if not all) required meta data and is usually pretty accurate.

I assume you're using the movies initial for a sub-directory in /Movies/ to help keep the list 'small' however it can cause some extra 'pain' while trying to automate things, so if possible you'd probably be better off getting rid of that: (so /Movies/Rango (2011)/ etc. instead of /Movies/R/Rango (2011)/)

If you're using Windows and send me a PM I can try to point out some guides (or write some if needed) to help you out with your organization/apps/etc.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:I'm not home right now to check, but I think there's an option in either Ember (Revisited) or XMM2 that will put them into the folder for you... they wouldn't do the first initial like you have above... but you could drop the file "Rango.the.original.filename.mkv" into /Movies/ and they would move it to /Movies/Rango (2011)/Rango (2011).mkv matching file and folder names automatically....

Yea, it can put the movie into a folder. The thing is, then I'm still going to have X folders "at the root" which will just grow over time.

As oppose to breaking it up a little like
/movies/r/rango (2011)

You'd be limited to 27 folders (each letter... plus 1 for numbers) at the root and the # of movies under each letter would grow MUCH slower than if they were all in 1 parent folder...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media manager - sorter?0