why does the fullscreen/windowed fullscreen setting determine external player launch
i am launching arcsoft tmt5 to play full bd disc structures....i have no problems if i set the xbmc option "use windowed fullscreen instead of true fullscreen"....but if i uncheck that option telling it to use a true fullscreen and then try to launch a movie...i just get a box that pops up and says external player running...press ok when playback stops...and when i press, xbmc locks up....is this just the way it is for external players or am i missing an argument in my playercorefactory?

the reason i ask is...using windowed fullscreen is where i run into problems with the windows taskbar showing up when i play other files that play inside xbmc (m2ts, dvds)

thanks
windowed fullscreen also causes slight frame issues (running a quad core i7 @ 3.5GHz / 8gb ddr3 @2Ghz / nvidia gtx 470 - hard to believe my system would have trouble) - so i've been playing with settings while waiting for a response....i realize most people on here think it makes no sense to run 2 different players but i do have reasons and regardless of your opinion this should not be as frustrating of a problem as it is...my internal player runs perfectly in true fullscreen mode but i am not allowed to launch an external player in true fullscreen mode...i get the 'external player active / press ok when playback has stopped'....

with my current playercorefactory.xml (posted below) and xbmc set to true fullscreen, i can start xbmc...launch a bd folder with my arcsoft player externally and it plays fine...but as soon as i use my internal player...i can no longer use my external player.....but if i press the "\" key to switch to windowed mode..and press it again to switch back to fullscreen....i can then launch a bd folder properly...like it resets whatever is causing the issue.....also - i've done some tests and this seems to have nothing to do with the exe that is launched...it never even gets to the point where it launches the program...ive tried getting it to just launch things like notepad and they never show up in the task manager...so its hitting a wall before it is supposed to execute the <filename> ...this is pretty frustrating....here is my playercorefactory, thanks for any help-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="arcsoft" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\bd.cmd</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="arcsoft"/>
</rules>

<rules name="system rules">
<rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
<rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
<rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
<rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
</rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
<rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
<rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
<rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

---and here is my bd.cmd

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" "%~dp1"
Try changing the lines:

<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

Experiment with changing false to true in either or both lines. Also can you pop a debug log (of the external player failing to run) on pastebin.com for us to have a look at.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why does the fullscreen/windowed fullscreen setting determine external player launch0