To bad really, XBMC looks AMAZING.
BUT.

I have so many issues with it locking up. I have looked all over the forum and i see ppl saying the same things for months.....with no resolution.

XBMC worked great for 2 days.

(running on a p4, 2gig mem, nvidia geforce fx5200 card with an VGA cable plug into my LCD tv.......with the android remote control in my android phone)

on day 3 it started getting stuck in fastforward with and WITHOUT the android phone. I found something about explict send keys in the forums and set that setting...seemed to be ok.

day 4: Video started to freeze at random spots in any given show. The audio would continue on a frozen image for a few more minutes...then nothing...all the while still stuck on the froze image. I can use the android remote to "Exit XBMC" and i would here a sound, but nothing on the screen would change and the only way to get out of it is to pull the power from the computer and reboot it..... didnt seem to matter what codec was being used.

The symptoms to that problem are this. The video would all the sudden shudder, then go slow for a second....then go back to normal for about 10 seconds....then just freeze on whatever frame it was on. Again while the audio played more of the show for a few more minutes.

Like i said, too bad as XBMC looks amazing. I have un-installed everything to make sure it wasnt interfering with XBMC (even anti virus)... no luck....and i cant find anything else on the forums about it, just ppl with similar issues.

and no.....no debug file....sorry.

I will look back from time to time to see if a new release comes out that might would better.

Thanks guys...... keep it going. Almost there!
just curious, is there a reason you won't provide a debug log?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:just curious, is there a reason you won't provide a debug log?

if i was doing the right thing for debugging (in the system settings), it made annoying txt in the top part of the screen.

being the hopeful optimist, i just kept making changes to my system as a whole (like taking out anti virus), and hoping it would work. I didnt really want to watch a movie with all that text changing at the top of the screen. quite annoying and a reminder that any minute i would have to reboot to continue.
the text in the corner is supposed to be there its part of the debugging. The debug logger function is not meant to be on all the time, just until you are able to reproduce the problem. If you want to get your problem resolved just hang in there with it on, otherwise we would have to be proficient in telepathy and really good at finding a specific needle in a stack of needles.
without having looked at anything, I think it would be a safe bet to start in two areas, my guess the problem lies with your video card and or drivers or your network.
Star 
+1 for what the fourth incarnation of Hudson Hawk mentioned... In debug mode you're trying to hit the failure point.. a log will point at the issue as well as telling others what kind of hardare/soft is involved. Hitting keyboard 'O' while watching a video should give you an idea if you have a strong enough system (frames dropped etc.). As a last note XBMC has built in codecs so that's not the issue... As a last resort, check settings and turn off DXAV2 if it's in use.

If you wish to pursue XBMC... get us a proper posted debug log.
You can also setup in advanced settings debug logging so that it doesn't display the text on screen.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
p4, wow Shocked
nvidia geforce fx5200 ShockedShocked
Gj02 Wrote:p4, wow Shocked
Why should using a P4 be a problem? :confused2:
trogggy Wrote:Why should using a P4 be a problem? :confused2:

in which part of my post did it say the P4 was a problem ? ? :confused2:
im just surprised to see these are still used
Gj02 Wrote:in which part of my post did it say the P4 was a problem ? ? :confused2:
im just surprised to see these are still used
Well I'm just surprised that you're surprised. Not everyone changes their pc every 3 years. A P4 will do everything most people need and more - and will until windows 7 is obsolete. Not if you want a gaming machine obviously, but for a HTPC the only real issue is power usage.
Well TBH im surprised thats your surprised im surprised
I agree with what your saying, Just shocked to see a P4 in use thats all
Gj02 Wrote:Well TBH im surprised thats your surprised im surprised
I agree with what your saying, Just shocked to see a P4 in use thats all
I'm typing on one now. It runs xbmc without problems.
There must be tens of millions of them (at least) still in everyday use.
And I still use xboxes for xbmc around the house too - that's basically a P3 with 64MB RAM. That must really shock you. Big Grin
Shocked ShockedShockedShocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To bad really, XBMC looks AMAZING.0