Feedback requested: Web-based media manager?
After being frustrated by the various offerings I was thinking of creating my own web-based manager.

Overview of features I'd like:

- Web based - so Apache/PHP (probably mysql) would be needed
- Support for both movies + tv shows
- Extensive scraping/api support including mixing data (get rating from IMDB, plot from themoviedb, etc.)
- Integrate with sick beard + couchpotato to notify you of new movies or tv shows
- Synx with XBMC to update changes in realtime
- Anything else?

Does anyone else here have an interest in such a tool?
Hi,

I am also trying to write such a tool on my side.

The address of my blog http://tamplan.free.fr (sorry in French)

actually adding a new file in a folder containing movies automatically add it to the video database via themoviedb.

I plan to deal also with tvshows with thetvdb.

Actually, I code models for files, path, movie, actors...

happy to use Google translation tools... :-)
I'm looking for a web based media manager to manage movies and tv shows on my nas.
For me it's important to scrape to nfo's and not to a sql db (and of course to download fanarts and covers).

A feature that I'm really looking for in a media manager is to be able to add Home Videos to the xbmc library.
I think that the best solution to do this to add them as tv shows and tag them as Home Videos Genre, found a nice guide for this here.
Would love to see this feature incorporate within a media manager.
Absolutely interested! At this moment I have an Ubuntu based system running a mysql XBMC database, SabNZBD+, SickBeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, Periscope, Spotnet, and MediaFrontPage. I can't use all those .NET based media managers, so please make a web based version!
Im confused.. doesnt sickbeard and CP handle the scraping of metadata already along with fanart etc... I use mediafrontpage to view all the programs in one location which makes it easy imo.

what are you trying to do?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
@rflores2323: like dhead said, this could be handy for adding home videos or some old strange videos that are not recognized by SickBeard or Couchpotato.
rflores2323 Wrote:Im confused.. doesnt sickbeard and CP handle the scraping of metadata already along with fanart etc... I use mediafrontpage to view all the programs in one location which makes it easy imo.

what are you trying to do?

I've found for TV, sickbeard does a fantastic job. So good that I've removed my "TV" directory from Ember altogether.

For movies though, couchpotato just puts a link to the imdb page in a .nfo file and lets xbmc pull the information down. I'd rather have all the nfo information in xml format instead of a link to imdb. (which is why I'm trying to put together some CLI tools to help me manage my meta data)
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:After being frustrated by the various offerings I was thinking of creating my own web-based manager.

Overview of features I'd like:

- Web based - so Apache/PHP (probably mysql) would be needed
- Support for both movies + tv shows
- Extensive scraping/api support including mixing data (get rating from IMDB, plot from themoviedb, etc.)
- Integrate with sick beard + couchpotato to notify you of new movies or tv shows
- Synx with XBMC to update changes in realtime
- Anything else?

Does anyone else here have an interest in such a tool?

This all sounds exactly what i'm looking for. Any progress so far? Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feedback requested: Web-based media manager?0