Sleep Mode and XBMC
I just migrated to a new Win7 install. ON this PC the sleep mode works. Unfortuantely, if the PC goes to sleep with XBMC running, on resume, XBMC is hung and the screen is white. I have to kill XBMC and start it over again.

Any thoughts on what might be happening and possible solutions. IN the short term, I have configured Eventghost to kill xbmc as the computer enters suspend mode and star it back up on resume but that is a little brute force'ish.
Star 
Your workaround sounds reasonable... Using XBMC the function sleep just toggles the PC software and exits before going to sleep. I'm not sure there was any anticipation that sleep mode would be a regularly used function as a multimedia program, probably has something to do with the way sleep mode stores active cycles. XBMC wouldn't be the only program having issues with the windows sleep mode and suggest putting XBMC to bed before going to sleep.
It is probably a problem with an addon.
I send my XBMC to sleep with my windows, it works really well - when my PC starts again, XBMC comes back to live as well and starts library scanning, never had any problems.

Thus it is either a problem hardware-side (what Board/Graphicschip/CPU?) or - which I would presume - the sleep-mode isn't yet fully supported with the stable version, I run a nightly build, that works fine...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleep Mode and XBMC0