• 6(current)
script.module.urlresolver development
t0mm0, quick question which might have already been answered

How were you planning the distribution of urlresolver?

To be installed separately by the user eg. jDownloader

Or each developer packages it with their addons, making them responsible for updating themselves to new updates?

Edit - nevermind, finally took a peak in your Git and noticed the addon.xml Smile
rogerthis Wrote:Favorites in IceFilms:
<snip>
if you could have a look it would be great!
why not use the built in xbmc favourites? am i missing something?

seems like a lot of effort to re-implement something that is already provided by a stock install of xbmc....

rogerthis Wrote:This could be another interest setting: X-Forwarded-For
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=691...tcount=260
It's used to bypass geolock, It seems to work better for the smaller hosters. The likes of the BBC iPlayer and Hulu, it doesn't work with.
yes good point, i have used that trick in a browser before to access US content before i had access to a proxy and vpn.

rogerthis Wrote:Would adding a caching support, enable watched status support? This would be a very useful feature.

no, it would just speed up listings requests and not annoy servers so much.

Eldorado Wrote:t0mm0, quick question which might have already been answered

How were you planning the distribution of urlresolver?

Edit - nevermind, finally took a peak in your Git and noticed the addon.xml Smile

i guess you have worked it out but in case anyone else is listening it is designed to be automatically installed by adding it as a dependency in your addon.xml - users need never know about installing it, and all addon authors need to add is add a single line in addon.xml

it means that there is only one copy on each install of xbmc and updates (sch as new plugins) will be available to all addons using it without having to change anything in the addon.

obviously this is of no use until it gets into a repo....

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:why not use the built in xbmc favourites? am i missing something?

seems like a lot of effort to re-implement something that is already provided by a stock install of xbmc....

Well, I learnt something new today. I thought the favourites in xbmc were for your addons, not within addons too. I'm going to put my icefilms favourites in my xbmc favourites . All the same, it's nice to have the favourites within icefilms too, because it just list your icefilms favourites. It doesn't clutter up your other favourites list. I don't think you can have folders within favourites, can you?

Anyways, t0mm0 did you get a chance to look at my vidxden code?
I personally think that favorites should be handled by the addons separately. That's because many sites have a "favorites" section once you sign up. letmewatchthis.ch has this for example and it's quite useful because you can add whole TV shows to your favorites and they update themselves when a new episode comes out. This in combination with XBMC.MyLibrary and you have a SickBeard for streaming (Works with movies too)

I already modified t0mm0s addon so that instead of an a-z listing i get my favorite TV shows. Add a simple search filter for XBMC.MyLibrary and that's it. Now I can add tv shows on the road and don't need any servers running at home, don't need to download anything and everything just works automagically Laugh
This should also work with movies but I haven't tried it yet.

But the more I think it about the more it seems that this is maybe a site specific feature and should be handled separately. I don't know. Maybe I'm just talking nonsense (been awake for the last 36 hours)
rogerthis Wrote:Well, I learnt something new today. I thought the favourites in xbmc were for your addons, not within addons too. I'm going to put my icefilms favourites in my xbmc favourites . All the same, it's nice to have the favourites within icefilms too, because it just list your icefilms favourites. It doesn't clutter up your other favourites list. I don't think you can have folders within favourites, can you?

don't know about that. if not i'd say it would be better to add it to xbmc so all addons automatically benefit rather than have to write the same thing in each addon. there's lots of other stuff that doesn't exist yet that i'd prefer to work on first - of course if someone else wants to write something that's cool.

rogerthis Wrote:Anyways, t0mm0 did you get a chance to look at my vidxden code?

as i replied i tried to test it last night but couldn't get anything to stream from vidxden even in my browser. i don't have time today but i'll try again at the weekend.

iDude Wrote:I personally think that favorites should be handled by the addons separately. That's because many sites have a "favorites" section once you sign up. letmewatchthis.ch has this for example and it's quite useful because you can add whole TV shows to your favorites and they update themselves when a new episode comes out. This in combination with XBMC.MyLibrary and you have a SickBeard for streaming (Works with movies too)
yes i am planning on adding that functionality to letmewatchthis. i think this kind of thing is a different case, as you can add favourites from the website so there needs to be code in the addon to handle that.
iDude Wrote:I already modified t0mm0s addon so that instead of an a-z listing i get my favorite TV shows. Add a simple search filter for XBMC.MyLibrary and that's it. Now I can add tv shows on the road and don't need any servers running at home, don't need to download anything and everything just works automagically Laugh
This should also work with movies but I haven't tried it yet.
i hadn't seen XBMC.MyLibrary before - looks interesting.

if you've been working on the letmewatchthis code would you be interested in submitting patches? it's in a mess at the moment (it was literally written in a few mins as a way of testing urlresolver and t0mm0.common and thinking about how to make it better) but i plan on making it fully functional eventually.
iDude Wrote:But the more I think it about the more it seems that this is maybe a site specific feature and should be handled separately. I don't know. Maybe I'm just talking nonsense (been awake for the last 36 hours)

i think you're right (not about the talking nonsense bit Wink) that in this particular case that code belongs in the addon - i don't think there is an obvious way to generalise it?

thanks,

t0mm0.
I am sorry if I am out of line by posting here as I am not a developer, I was reading this post and though http://www.movie2k.to/ may help you with your testing, It is my goto site when I am not using Icefilms and contains many links from hosts you list.

If it helps great, if not, please disreguard my post and thank you for all your hard work
t0mm0 Wrote:if you've been working on the letmewatchthis code would you be interested in submitting patches? it's in a mess at the moment (it was literally written in a few mins as a way of testing urlresolver and t0mm0.common and thinking about how to make it better) but i plan on making it fully functional eventually.

Believe me I just made it worse Laugh But yeah maybe I can take a look at it when I find the time.

t0mm0 Wrote:i think you're right (not about the talking nonsense bit Wink) that in this particular case that code belongs in the addon - i don't think there is an obvious way to generalise it?

thanks,

t0mm0.

I've been putting a lot of effort into finding a way to add stuff from my addon to the normal XBMC library without having to use XBMC.MyLibrary. Popeye has written an addon to stream movies and tv shows directly from usenet. My goal was to write something that would take my favorites from nzbmatrix and put them automatically in my XBMC Library on startup (via autoexec.py). This way I could stream 1080p movies without ever having to download them. So far I haven't had any luck (came close though) but I'm sure it's possible somehow.

Based on that i was thinking about a module that would handle all of that. The basic thought is that the addon dev "marks" certain entries or directories in his addon as favorites or as items the user can add to his library. the module would then pick up those items and populate them to the library. The module should also be able check the available of the content it added so when a online source goes missing it automatically updates the library and removes the missing content.

tl;dr Essentially I want XBMC.MyLibrary as module that other addon developers can use to easily populate their content to the XBMC library

winylisa Wrote:I am sorry if I am out of line by posting here as I am not a developer, I was reading this post and though http://www.movie2k.to/ may help you with your testing, It is my goto site when I am not using Icefilms and contains many links from hosts you list.

If it helps great, if not, please disreguard my post and thank you for all your hard work

This site looks great. But one problem I already see is the fact that you would have to scrape a lot of pages to get all the actual links to the individual hosts because each one has its own page.

With this movie for example you'd have to scrape 13 individual pages to get all hosts. Technically not a problem but it would mean a heavy increase in traffic for the site and I doubt they'd be to happy about it. Maybe someone can take another look at it as it may very well be that I'm missing something.
But yeah they have a lot of hosts that seem to be worth checking out.
Eldorado Wrote:Anyone have a site that would be a good candidate to make first use of the new urlresolver?

Something other than Icefilms would be ideal, but with the same type of content.. seems with all the Icefilms problems lately a 2nd addon would be nice to have Smile

Ninja Video is back online and i think it would be a great candidate to make use of the new url resolver. http://theninjavideo.net
iDude Wrote:This site looks great. But one problem I already see is the fact that you would have to scrape a lot of pages to get all the actual links to the individual hosts because each one has its own page.

With this movie for example you'd have to scrape 13 individual pages to get all hosts. Technically not a problem but it would mean a heavy increase in traffic for the site and I doubt they'd be to happy about it. Maybe someone can take another look at it as it may very well be that I'm missing something.
But yeah they have a lot of hosts that seem to be worth checking out.

Just wondering, but why would you scrape all 13 pages when you don't need to?

Those are their 'sources' links, so same idea as Icefilms, you list all available sources, when a user clicks on a source to play then you go and scrape the page for that source to get your final video link

As a side note, I have my first 'official' addon almost ready to roll.. just need to start pulling in urlresolver to get my final video links, it's very basic so far - no graphics or anything extra other than serving up the available videos

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/
t0mm0 Wrote:i guess you have worked it out but in case anyone else is listening it is designed to be automatically installed by adding it as a dependency in your addon.xml - users need never know about installing it, and all addon authors need to add is add a single line in addon.xml

it means that there is only one copy on each install of xbmc and updates (sch as new plugins) will be available to all addons using it without having to change anything in the addon.

obviously this is of no use until it gets into a repo....

t0mm0

So just so I understand completely - i get the idea behind it, but now have questions after thinking about it more Smile

When I include this line in my xml, if urlresovler is not already installed on the users PC, it will install it at the same time? How will it know which repository to download it from? And say the user doesn't have the repository installed where it resides?

<import addon="script.module.urlresolver" version="0.0.1"/>

Is all I need, version has no impact?
dlinao23 Wrote:Ninja Video is back online and i think it would be a great candidate to make use of the new url resolver. http://theninjavideo.net

thanks, interesting.....

Eldorado Wrote:Just wondering, but why would you scrape all 13 pages when you don't need to?

i guess because there is no easy way to tell whether there is a plugin capable of resolving the link until you know what the url is. not sure of the best way around that - any ideas? (i guess the best idea is to make sure there are resolver plugins for every host Wink

Eldorado Wrote:As a side note, I have my first 'official' addon almost ready to roll.. just need to start pulling in urlresolver to get my final video links, it's very basic so far - no graphics or anything extra other than serving up the available videos

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

cool, looking forward to that!

Eldorado Wrote:So just so I understand completely - i get the idea behind it, but now have questions after thinking about it more Smile

When I include this line in my xml, if urlresovler is not already installed on the users PC, it will install it at the same time? How will it know which repository to download it from? And say the user doesn't have the repository installed where it resides?

<import addon="script.module.urlresolver" version="0.0.1"/>

Is all I need, version has no impact?

if the user doesn't have the repo containing the modules installed they will not be able to install the addon. i think it is a good idea to try and get these modules into the main repo. if not i can host them in mine but people will have to have my repo installed. would it be worth hosting in mine anyway at least until it's more stable so that people like yourself can easily release test versions of your addons (you'd just have to tell people to make sure my repo was installed as well as yours)

the version does matter i believe. you can omit the version and it will install whatever version is available, but i guess that could lead to incompatibilities. this is partly why i haven't put this stuff in a repo yet while it is not stable. i don't know if you can have 2 versions of a module installed at the same time - perhaps someone who knows more about the xbmc internals can comment? i guess we could have a version number in the module itself and handle new/old interfaces that way if the xbmc stuff doesn't do that.

probably more questions than answers again there Wink

t0mm0.
t0mm0 Wrote:i guess because there is no easy way to tell whether there is a plugin capable of resolving the link until you know what the url is. not sure of the best way around that - any ideas? (i guess the best idea is to make sure there are resolver plugins for every host Wink

I'm digging around in your letmewatchthis addon you are working on... I'm going to steal your sources dialog popup idea Smile

Can filter_urls be expanded or another method created (filter_hosts ?) to allow simple links to the hosts rather than the full video url?

Perhaps only a keyword. eg 'Movshare' and filter in the same manner?
<import addon="script.module.urlresolver" version="0.0.1"/> means that addon need script.module.urlresolver ver 0.0.1 or higher. You can have only 1 version of addon (previous versions are stored in addons/packages). If in any installed repository there is available addon with higher version xbmc will auto-update it - that is if user didn't turn off auto-updates).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Eldorado Wrote:I'm digging around in your letmewatchthis addon you are working on... I'm going to steal your sources dialog popup idea Smile
yeah, i was thinking of adding something similar to that code either to t0mm0.common or urlresolver - not sure which yet!
Eldorado Wrote:Can filter_urls be expanded or another method created (filter_hosts ?) to allow simple links to the hosts rather than the full video url?

Perhaps only a keyword. eg 'Movshare' and filter in the same manner?

yes, that's a good idea, we could at least make a good guess. i'll have a go at that this weekend.

i was also thinking about a way of calling a resolver if you know the one you want and the video id from the host - like 'MegauploadResolver://ABCD1234' or something? as some sites have the video id and hoster available but you have to do some more page fetches to get to the fully formed url. do you think that is worthwhile?

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:yeah, i was thinking of adding something similar to that code either to t0mm0.common or urlresolver - not sure which yet!

Hmm, might be a bit overkill as the code itself is rather small and simple

The idea in itself is much better than taking a user to yet another screen.. the popup doesn't feel like a screen Smile

t0mm0 Wrote:yes, that's a good idea, we could at least make a good guess. i'll have a go at that this weekend.

i was also thinking about a way of calling a resolver if you know the one you want and the video id from the host - like 'MegauploadResolver://ABCD1234' or something? as some sites have the video id and hoster available but you have to do some more page fetches to get to the fully formed url. do you think that is worthwhile?

t0mm0

That might be handy, I'm thinking a bit selfish on this one as I seem to be in that type of situation right now

The links I am getting have the id's of my video, but the url that urlresolver is expecting is a bit different so I would have to adjust them to make them work

eg.

Youtube:

I scrape this - http://www.youtube.com/v/VihlsPKMh4U&hl=en&fs=1

I need to reformat to be this to work - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihlsPKMh4U&hl=en&fs=1

MegaVideo - I usually have the ID rather than the full link

Have yet to get into any others, but will soon
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.module.urlresolver development7