[AppleTV2] Crash on launch when remote library enabled
I just updated to the latest version and it no longer launches with the remote database configured. It gets as far "Loading skin file: Home.xml" in the log and then crashes.

If I rename the advancedsettings.xml, it starts up fine (without the remote library of course). This has been working perfectly for months before I upgraded to the latest version, so I know the basic setup is correct.

Here's the version info that I can find:

ATV2: Darwin Apple-TV 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Wed Oct 20 20:14:45 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.58.28~3/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X AppleTV2,1 arm K66AP Darwin

XBMC: PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3

Install Method: NitoTV

Debug log (doesn't seem to show much useful info): http://pastebin.com/BbPLuhH1

I'm happy to try a nightly, or do more debug testing if needed. Just let me know what to do.
Chemosabe Wrote:I just updated to the latest version and it no longer launches with the remote database configured. It gets as far "Loading skin file: Home.xml" in the log and then crashes.

Did you read the Official build FAQ/info/issues?

mvh
Allan
I did, but somehow I missed the last entry under Media/Library (or.. maybe it wasn't there last night? It is marked as "New").

At any rate, there isn't what I'd call "good" information in the linked thread. I will set up my ATV2 with a new database tonight when I get home, compare the schema between new and old and create the appropriate alter table statements necessary to go from one to the other. At least a stopgap solution that should work for anyone else who has this problem.

I do have two other instances on the network which may not be compatible so I'll try and test those with the new schema and see if any problems crop up. I'll report back here with my findings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Crash on launch when remote library enabled0