Graphics card recommendation
Hi Guys

Well I've finally taken delivery of my Revo 3700 for the Lounge and its working perfectly.

I now need to build a server for storage and as an XBMC for upstairs. The only card I'm not sure of is the Graphics card, I've decided on an Asus M4A78LT-M MOBO and AMD Athlon II X4 640.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,

Marc
I'm happy with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814121397
Thanks I had this in mind. I've read some posts about it not fitting into some cases. I'm going for a Fractal R3. Will this be OK?
in HTPC's, these are the typical video cards recommended for Full 1080P!!

get a GT210 card if you dont need 3D playback
get a HD5450 if u need to Bitstream/passthrough HD-Audio to a compatible A/V Receiver
get a GT430 if you need everything,,,,
Doesn't that mobo have integrated graphics? I'd try that out first to see how it goes before adding another card. X4 processor + HDMI out on the mobo should be more than enough for a bedroom HTPC who's main purpose is to serve media.
Mallet21 Wrote:Doesn't that mobo have integrated graphics?

Its the 3xxx series, which is too weak for a lot of HD content.

The CPU has enough to power though, but on box like that you want your CPU free to do other things (sab, sick, etc.).

Thanks guys,

Will the GT430 fit in a Fractal Design R3 OK? I've somewhere that they don't fit some cases particularly well.

Thanks again
mdt73 Wrote:Thanks guys,

Will the GT430 fit in a Fractal Design R3 OK? I've somewhere that they don't fit some cases particularly well.

Thanks again
Totally, it's a tiny card (shorter than a 16x PCIe slot).
mdt73 Wrote:Thanks guys,

Thanks again

Awesome case for Home Server and fits almost every card. GT 430 fits perfectly well with all the drive cages there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphics card recommendation0