Nvidia Vs ATI?
under windows,
even the ASUS EAH6450 SILENT/DI/512MD3(LP) ($50) would be good!
Also FanLess but Includes Low Profile Brackets!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106250
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Robotica Wrote:yes, it still needs some work to get AMD/ATI Zacate running on Linux. But very soon, this will be so easy with all distro's that in an objective buying advice, this isn't an argument anymore. Besides, XBMCFreak & Openelec already started supporting this platform so it already is very easy to run 1080P.

Only specs, price and features should be part of an buying advise and then AMD Zacate is a clear winner for everybody.
Well I hope you're right, but at the moment it seems that your statement is baseless. The problem with Linux and AMD (Radeon, an AMD CPU is fine) is drivers. There's nothing that OpenElec, XBMCFreak or XBMC can do about that, since they are proprietary. This means that only AMD can fix them. ATI's been having driver issues ever since the driver was released and I haven't seen any indication that this is going to improve any time soon. Of course they've gotten better, and probably that will continue, but they're nowhere near as good or as stable as the nvidia drivers.

As for specs, features or price: I don't know, I don't have an integrated nvidia or AMD, but about which features are we talking?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Vs ATI?0