What remote is in your hand?
MidnightWatcher has my remote, the official XBMC remote for android rocks faces off.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
Raphael Barros Wrote:We could use this topic to make in the wiki some evaluation and recommendations about hardware, where people could give scores about price, functions, how well works in linux, windows, OSX, etc.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews
I'm using the Microsoft Arc keyboard

olympia Wrote:Only if you don't mind the lag of Harmony compared to the original MS MCE which is a real superior over everything in my eyes.

I am also using MS MCE on the same way by the way.
The only difference is that I am turning on the HTPC along with the TV Set by a single button (PC Power) using IR blasting (which is really really a cool feature) and the TV Power button controls the AMP. Certainly the volume buttons also reconfigured to control the volume of the AMP.

Well i have 0 lagg here so. Using the bultin Ir on asrock 330ht. Cant say how it works on other ir recivers. Bottom line harmony one is an excelent choice of universal remote.

Cheers
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
PS3 BT remote. Or iPad when I want to show off.
Plus 1 for the Harmony One

My main system uses the ASRock 330Ht-BD and I concur that there is no lag
MaxHeadroom Wrote:Plus 1 for the Harmony One

My main system uses the ASRock 330Ht-BD and I concur that there is no lag

Of course not.
There should be NO lag with a properly set up harmony remote as long as you are using a correct ir receiver.
dtviewer Wrote:Of course not.
There should be NO lag with a properly set up harmony remote as long as you are using a correct ir receiver.

If only I could show you all who are that satisfied Smile

Seriously:
- how could an original MS MCE receiver not be good enough?
- how could it set up incorrectly if it perfectly works with the original MCE remote in one moment and doesn't with the Harmony One in the next?

...on the sidenote:
I was trying for about a week with every possible combination of the delay settings. Contacted Logitech support as well. They were actually very nice and helpful. They reprogrammed the remote also with settings which is not possible via the public interface. Then at the end, they confirmed that due to the techology used in the remote there is some lag which they cannot eleminate.

...sidenote2
you want to tell me, that I don't have and/or can't setup a receiver correctly? Ehh?

Because you don't see it or you don't care, doesn't mean it's not there. There are many people who don't see the stutter of a 24Hz source on a display set to 50Hz or don't have any issue with watching interlaced content without de-interlacing it.
Olympia you are correct, it is a matter of perception.

I also don't notice the difference in sound quality between gold and platinum cables.

As the lag is longer between when my brain decides to send the message to my finger to push the button than the lag between when I push the button and the HTPC responds - I can live with it!

For the record - I have not touched any delay settings. Messing with these settings may be where the problem lies.......
PS3 BT remote with my own developed remote application.

Now i'm able to send different keystrokes with the same PS3 button. It depends on the active application.
I have an MCE remote downstairs and ATV remotes upstairs, but I primarily use the iTouch or iPad.
Logitech Dinovo Mini and Harmony 880
MidnightWatcher Wrote:This is the remote in my hand:

As much as I like the XBMC app for android it often loses connection for no apparent reason...help?

Squa7ch Wrote:As much as I like the XBMC app for android it often loses connection for no apparent reason...help?
Well, it still is in beta. Hopefully this will improve with future releases ...
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
iv got a cyberlink working with intelliremote... couldnt figure out eventghost and intelliremote is dead easy

im wondering though, if i was to use xbmclive/linux instead of windows for xbmc, how could i run intelliremote? or eventghost?

also can anyone point me in the direction of a genuine Microsfot MCE remote? all i can see on ebay are chinese rip offs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What remote is in your hand?0