Standardizing Skin Textures and Naming
So... This is just an idea... maybe half-baked, howerver...

Lately, I have been hacking off parts of skins and porting certain features/windows they have to other skins. I have a limited but decent understanding of XBMC's skinning engine at this point, and it just occurred to me...

90% of every skin=the same. Usually when I am trying to port a view from one skin to another, the majority of what I am doing is simply replacing the texture's filenames with textures the skin possesses, window ID numbers, updating the includes file, etc...

Would it be possible to standardize some of these things through documentation and agreement in order to making skinning a more modular thing which is therefore much more attainable for the average user to really customize?

For example--weatherplus support, TV Guides, "Can we get this view from this other skin" requests...

Or... maybe I'm just talking about a lot of work and uniformity for skinners to cater to a demographic that doesn't really exist--i.e. users who are savvy enough to modify their own skins but don't really want to invest the time into learning each particular skin's nuances.

I am just releasing this idea into the wild to die a horrible death, probably--just thought I'd share.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Standardizing Skin Textures and Naming0