atv2 not showing posters
I am trying to set up my friends atv2 and I am having problems with scanning content and finding posters/fanart. See below setup

mac airbook 10.6 hooked up via smb to atv2 (version 10.0.9)
found smb share (finally since it would not find it forever) and set content to themoviedb.com, folder name lookup, scan recursively.

Now xbmc scans the files and puts them into the library and information like plot shows up but no posters or fanart. Is this a permission issue with one of the atv2 folders? Do I need to add this permission?

chown -R mobile:mobile /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

any ideas? I also tried imdb and same thing no posters or fanart but it also does NOT show the movie filename. TMDB shows up the file name, resolution, plot, etc..
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I downgraded his atv2 to 10.0.7 but now when he tries to play a movie it crashes to frontrow.

ok so my friend atv2 ios version is 4.2.2 (4.3) so I was reading the forums and it seems like there is problems with the older version of xbmc 10.0.7 and this firmware 4.2.2.

Also I read iOS 4.2.2 (4.3) isn't compatible with VideoToolbox in the official 10.0-9. Can anyone confirm this? Is this correct since no davilla has never confirmed this (in the threads I read).

what version is compatible with ios 4.2.2 (4.3) and has the least bugs/problems.....nightlies maybeHuh
rflores2323 Wrote:I downgraded his atv2 to 10.0.7 but now when he tries to play a movie it crashes to frontrow.

ok so my friend atv2 ios version is 4.2.2 (4.3) so I was reading the forums and it seems like there is problems with the older version of xbmc 10.0.7 and this firmware 4.2.2.

Also I read iOS 4.2.2 (4.3) isn't compatible with VideoToolbox in the official 10.0-9. Can anyone confirm this? Is this correct since no davilla has never confirmed this (in the threads I read).

what version is compatible with ios 4.2.2 (4.3) and has the least bugs/problems.....nightlies maybeHuh

Check out the latest nightly (July 18th). Seems to have a bunch of scraping issues fixed (that sounds like what you are describing).
Yeah got the same probleme here =) with the latest official
Ned Scott Wrote:Check out the latest nightly (July 18th). Seems to have a bunch of scraping issues fixed (that sounds like what you are describing).

well I tried 10.0.9 and had the scrapping issues.. I then went to 10.0.7 and had the reboot to frontrow issue when playing a movie.

so what version of xbmc works on 10.0.9 with Ios 4.2.2.?
rflores2323 Wrote:well I tried 10.0.9 and had the scrapping issues.. I then went to 10.0.7 and had the reboot to frontrow issue when playing a movie.

so what version of xbmc works on 10.0.9 with Ios 4.2.2.?

It will be called 10.0-9, even though you already have that version installed. However, it will be the "July 18th" build. The reason they don't change the version number in nightlies is so that it is easy for the official dev builds to upgrade from an unofficial build. So when 10.0-10 comes out it will overwrite the unofficial 10.0-9 without problems.

And while they're called unofficial, they both come from the same place. Since both "official" and "unofficial" dev builds seem to have the same error rates, I'm not even sure why we bother with two labels.
ok I gotcha. I will try the July 18th build. to update all I need to do is backup my preferences folder and then replace it later correct? Anything else?
rflores2323 Wrote:ok I gotcha. I will try the July 18th build. to update all I need to do is backup my preferences folder and then replace it later correct? Anything else?

That's only if you want to upgrade iOS. For upgrading XBMC you can pretty much just apply the terminal commands. You can even go back to the official dev build if something's messed up in the unofficial build.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to backup every so often, though. You never know what kind of strange bugs might pop up, and if you put a lot of time and effort into your settings you might as well protect the investment.
Ned Scott Wrote:That's only if you want to upgrade iOS. For upgrading XBMC you can pretty much just apply the terminal commands. You can even go back to the official dev build if something's messed up in the unofficial build.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to backup every so often, though. You never know what kind of strange bugs might pop up, and if you put a lot of time and effort into your settings you might as well protect the investment.

great thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv2 not showing posters0