[Mini-ITX] i3-2100 (2x3.1Ghz) + GT210
no trick that i know of,
the stock INTEL heatSinkFan is confirmed fitting ok
in the APEX case..

eskro Wrote:no trick that i know of,
in the APEX case..

Hmm, that's about what mine looks like, except the plastic fan housing sticks up about 4mm higher. I'll look at it again when I get home tonight.
eskro Wrote:no trick that i know of,
in the APEX case..

I looked it over again and found that the heatsink assembly was incompletely seated onto the chip (one of the four plastic clips hadn't completely engaged.) Once I got it on properly I was able to get the mobo into place, though it did still involve some wedging against the PSU and I'll probably go ahead and install the low-profile heatsink I ordered yesterday. I'm glad it happened not to fit with the heatsink improperly installed, it might've saved me from frying the chip.
Can that i3-2100 handle lossless BD playback during a SABnzbd repair?
A more powerfull PCI-E card (dual-slot) fit in this case ?
Nasp Wrote:A more powerfull PCI-E card (dual-slot) fit in this case ?

i wouldnt do it....
Nasp Wrote:A more powerfull PCI-E card (dual-slot) fit in this case ?
I can barely fit a LP and very thin heatsink discrete GPU in it. You'll never fit a dual-slot GPU or a LP GPU with thick heatsink on it! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok, this is my first build and I'm starting to think I should've read a "for dummies" book before I got started.

I put the CPU and cooler on the motherboard before putting the motherboard in the case. Is that how you guys did it? Because now I'm having trouble getting the CPU equipped motherboard into the case. Do I take the case apart or was I supposed to put the motherboard in the case before adding the CPU and cooler?

Thanks.
remove the PSU
add your stuff
place PSU back
(2012-03-15, 23:25)eskro Wrote: remove the PSU

I should've realized that. I guess I'm still a little intimidated.

I did that and I think I'm in business. Following a PC building newegg tutorial I found on youtube I hooked up certain components (CPU, RAM) and the power supply to these components and fired this baby up. The info screen came up (available RAM and i3 specs) but my little speaker didn't beep like one on the tutorial. Suppose something is wrong? or keep going?

This is taking me way longer than it should, but I'm googling like crazy, trying to learn as I go. I appreciate the advice.
If you got to the post screen which I assuming you did by saying you could read the specs (available ram an i3 specs) then keep on going nothing is wrong. Usually you will hear beeps if your ram is not working or cpu is not seated properly along with a list too long to write plus you probably wouldn't get to the post screen.
Your doing fine and yes it may be taking you too long in your eyes but just think of it as a learning experience for when you need to upgrade to a better one. We all went through the same process in learning what and how to do things on our computers, and things do get alot easier after a few time you go through it.
all these years and im still learning lol
I did eventually get the little speaker to beep...and um....it wasn't something stupid....you know, like the speaker connection being turned backward...honest.
(2011-07-19, 07:15)eskro Wrote: [GPU] ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile ($35 + $0)

Hi Kids!
I was just looking at building this HTPC model and was sourcing the parts here in Canada....

Would substituting the GPU with a similar card like this be ok?

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX36042

MSI N210 GeForce GTX 210 512MB PCI-E w/ DVI, VGA, HDMI
(2012-07-18, 15:23)Mickeyjuice Wrote:
(2011-07-19, 07:15)eskro Wrote: [GPU] ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile ($35 + $0)

Hi Kids!
I was just looking at building this HTPC model and was sourcing the parts here in Canada....

Would substituting the GPU with a similar card like this be ok?

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX36042

MSI N210 GeForce GTX 210 512MB PCI-E w/ DVI, VGA, HDMI

You don't need the gpu with this build at all.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] i3-2100 (2x3.1Ghz) + GT2101