Deinterlacing for SD and HD
Hi,

as far as i saw in the current branch it is not possible to choose different deinterlacers for SD and HD broadcasts. My Nvidia 9300 is only able to use "temporal (half)" as deinterlacer for HD material, there is heavy stuttering with any better deinterlacer. So the quality of SD material is also not very well (compared to xine where i use temporal spartial for SD and temporal for HD).

So will it be possible in the future to select dedicated deinterlacers for SD / HD? Or do i have to buy a better Nvidia card which is able to do temporal spartial for HD too?

Cheers Louis
Settings for de-interlacing are stored in a database for every channel/video file. This is even more than you have requested, isn't it?
FernetMenta Wrote:Settings for de-interlacing are stored in a database for every channel/video file. This is even more than you have requested, isn't it?

Yes indeed...that means that i have to set deinterlacing for every channel one time? Shocked I used the "set for everything..." feature...

Cheers Louis
If channel settings are different to default settings, they get stored in the database and restored next time you tune to this channel. Choose your default settings to match the majority of your channels, then overwrite settings for those channels which require different settings.
Thanks...i'll try it! Nod
In which file is this saved? So i can edit it with terminal and even back it up? Does this works only on newer releases or also on HTS TVHeadend 2.12 and dharma 10.1?
Hmmm...this approach is a little bit fussy, because the default settings also affect my movies (almost progressive material). And a 1080p mkv with temporal spartial deinterlacer is not so nice Shocked

So i have to adjust all my tv channels one time manually...wouldn't it be possible to separate the settinge in movie- and tv-database? Or is this already separated and it is an bug that the movie settings are affected?

Cheers Louis
The default settings are shared across video and pvr settings, although they have their own databases.
I have already been working on something to override the auto setting for de-interlacing through advanced settings. It's on the list but don't expect it to be available in the near future.
illiac4 Wrote:In which file is this saved? So i can edit it with terminal and even back it up? Does this works only on newer releases or also on HTS TVHeadend 2.12 and dharma 10.1?

default video settings are stored in guisettings.xml
TNX yes i have found that. It is really good and nice what you have done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deinterlacing for SD and HD0