Problem experienced after changing routers
Up until a few days ago I have been using a linksys wrt400n router. It started to quit working on me so I had to go out and buy a new router, a d-link dir-615. So I have my apple tv2 hardwired to the router and my pc is also hardwired to the router. With my old router everything worked great, I never had any problem playing anything. I am using the latest xbmc version that you get from nito.

But now I have this new router in place and for some reason some of my videos, and mainly all of my movies, just stop playing and the program goes back to the video selection screen. Nothing crashes and nothing else weird happens. Some videos will play for 5 minutes some videos will play for 10 minutes, and some of them will play for the duration of the file.

I am stumped as to why most of my videos will no longer play through the whole length and some will.

One other thing of note is when I go back and try to restart a video that has cut out on me there is no "resume at xxxx" dialog that pops up before the video starts playing like there is if I were to stop the video with the remote.

Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking at here. I don't believe it has anything to do with xbmc since it was working great with my old router.

Thank you for any help.
snay1345 Wrote:Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking at here.

the xbmc.log file ... first link in my signature describes how to get it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is there any way to insert the old router back just to confirm the problem is definitely related to the new router? That will ease the mind as to where to concentrate the troubleshooting effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem experienced after changing routers0