HTPC micro-atx case question
Hello:

I'm planning on building an HTPC for the first time using XBMC 10.1 Dharma for Windows and had a question about the case.

My setup has a physical limitation (no room in my rack) where I cannot place an htpc flat in the intended horizontal position. However, I can place it vertically next to the rack so that I can hook it up to my receiver.

Would it be ok for HTPC cases such as the SILVERSTONE ML03B Micro-ATX to be propped up vertically in tower fashion? Or would I have to buy a Micro-ATX minitower for my application?

TIA!
I have that case and the only concern I would have is if you sat the case on its side and blocked the airflow into the right side of the case. As long as you are not blocking the right side of the case then I'd say that it should be just fine.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
I'll be placing the htpc to the left of my rack (when viewed from front). Would this be a problem? In other words, can I prop it up such that the top when sitting horizontally (normal position) will be facing to the left in the vertical position (when viewed from the front)? Sorry if this is a bit confusing. It sure was to me when I wrote this up!
If I understand you correctly that means that the right side of the case would then be up. I would feel fine doing that. Of course that means that the left side of the case would be on the ground. There is a small vent on the left side but it's probably not that big of a deal if it's blocked.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC micro-atx case question0