PVR Shortcuts
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the EPG(s) are able to be bound to shortcut keys? It would be nice to have a separate key on my Harmony for

EPG: Now, EPG: Timeline, EPG Channel... Etc..

Any ideas if it's possible?
Freakish Wrote:I'm wondering if anyone knows if the EPG(s) are able to be bound to shortcut keys? It would be nice to have a separate key on my Harmony for

EPG: Now, EPG: Timeline, EPG Channel... Etc..

Any ideas if it's possible?

yes, and as well also timers and recordings...
CKtwo Wrote:yes, and as well also timers and recordings...

Is that a yes it can be done? Any ideas on which menu number(s) or name(s) I can use, I have trawled the XML files without any success.
not sure, also working on that wellbeeing configuration for PVR / Harmony users Smile

The only thing i already got is windowID 10600 for the LiveTV, but i'll do some more tests later this WE. Maybe others hav done some investigations before?
I've just added keymappings in the dev branch. it'll be included in the next ppa build:
Code:
e = activate EPG = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)
h = activate TV = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)
j = activate Radio = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)
k = activate Recordings = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)
b = activate Search = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 35,0, 14,0)

those magic numbers will be replaced by labels later
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I have also looked for a way to activate "record" using a remote control button (quick record the current showing program, as you would do by selecting record from the menu).

Is there a shortcut that can be attached to the record button on a remote, or is it possible to add it to the code?
bablefish Wrote:I have also looked for a way to activate "record" using a remote control button (quick record the current showing program, as you would do by selecting record from the menu).

Is there a shortcut that can be attached to the record button on a remote, or is it possible to add it to the code?

basically the funkctions should also work from the remote.xml, unfortunately i can't get it work even from the keyboard.xml.

Seems that xbmc does not recognice the XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus command because the XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPVR) works as expected.

[EDIT]
it's exactly that, the function needs a recompile with the corresponding change in source code
[/EDIT]

Thanx
dushmaniac Wrote:it'll be included in the next ppa build
told you Smile

I'll add a record shortcut later. Any other "missing buttons"?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:told you Smile

Think teletext will make it complete unless it is already there?

Just to make it a little bit comfortable for all that osdschool vdr users, which are very interested in that project. And of course the current ppa becomes more and more an alternative to vdr/xine, even when it is not yet.

Another thing is deinterlacing, which is a little mit more complex compared to xine while you have to set a proper value for each channel separate. Despite of this i recogniced a stuttering using temporal_spatial on my GT520 while in xine similar doing is ok. It looks like xbmc deals a little bit different with these settings?

btw: thanks a lot for the buttons Smile

Christian
teletext is already mapped to the "v" button.

for deinterlacing: try vdpau temporal or ion optimised if you have an nvidia card. I think I had the best result with temporal for other cards (assuming the channels have the same params where you live).
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

same params here, astra 19.2°.

will give it a try tomorrow, the yavdr team will provide the latest git during the evening.
Hi,

I am running odk42 build for Mac OSX (and tvheadend as backend).
So, I am using the "aluminium" apple remote to interactuate with XBMC PVR.

In general, the simplicity of the apple remote is enough.
When I am at "PVR.fullscreen" window, I can up and down volume with up and down buttons. But I would like to zap channels (previous and next channels) with the left and right buttons.

The left and right buttons are working for "Video.Fullscreen". I can go forward and backward "inside" the same movie.

It is posible to "link" the next&previous channels function to the left&right button for apple remote?

Thanks

Note: I am using the skim Slik for PVR.
Hi,

dushmaniac Wrote:e = activate EPG = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)
and
dushmaniac Wrote:Any other "missing buttons"?

which sequenze is needed for EPG Data Now, Next and Timeline?

Another question, when i use the "back-button" in a "ActivateWindowAndFocus", this window interpretes it as "ParentDir". What´s wrong?

Thanks for help.
lorbi Wrote:Hi,

and

which sequenze is needed for EPG Data Now, Next and Timeline?

Another question, when i use the "back-button" in a "ActivateWindowAndFocus", this window interpretes it as "ParentDir". What´s wrong?

Thanks for help.

I second this request/question! But i did find out that you can set your favorite EPG view (Now, Next or Timeline) in the settings. Using the new EPG action will open your current set EPG view. So if you make sure your XBMC always starts with "Timeline", you will always get this when choosing "EPG = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)".

At least this is good enough for me for now!
dushmaniac Wrote:told you Smile

I try to open the guide of the current program without success.

When I call DialogPVRGuideInfo, the windows is empty. Is it possible to add a shortcut to the guide of the current program.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Shortcuts0