• 10(current)
From which Group do you belong!?
I am an aspirational Group 6/7! So an Intel NUC it is.
Group 3 ... Is Hi10p possible with an ARM processor?

Edit to change the number for the right group, and I ordered an AppleTV + BCM700015, The ATV is already at home, but BCM it's on the way yet.
[Xgimi Z6 Polar]
[Xiaomi Mi Box]
[Raspberry Pi 3 B]
I am in group 6 as I need HD-Audio for my Denon amp.

Do any of the Android boxes fall into group 6? They seem so much cheaper than buying a full blown intel pc!

I want to run Openelec ideally, but really as long as it plays 1080p, has full HD-Audio passthrough and the interface is snappy I don't really care how it comes. Smile (oh and has IR)

Any advice much appreciated.
I'm Group #3

Is there no other preferably cheap option rather then buy a gen1 apple tv? I saw it's possible to jailbreak gen2 but i can only buy new gen3 devices in my local Stores.

Is there any other fine solution that won't hurt my cash account to much?

Edit: I would also consider to put a Openelec version on it.
(2013-05-22, 15:13)herpaderp Wrote: I'm Group #3

Is there no other preferably cheap option rather then buy a gen1 apple tv? I saw it's possible to jailbreak gen2 but i can only buy new gen3 devices in my local Stores.

Is there any other fine solution that won't hurt my cash account to much?

Edit: I would also consider to put a Openelec version on it.

Intel Celeron 847 NUC + 2GB RAM + OpenELEC would not be too expensive, though "expensive" is all relative.
(2013-05-22, 16:05)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Intel Celeron 847 NUC + 2GB RAM + OpenELEC would not be too expensive, though "expensive" is all relative.

Hey there

First i'd like you to know that english isn't my mother tongue so please accept my apologies prior.

Second: I should have been a little more specific, i was not expecting such a fast response. I just have given the NUC a closer look and i must say it seems to be quite a nice, because variable, system what allows to design the nuc for every special need. (Wireless module, RAM choose etc) but at a very moment i realized that won't really live up to my expectations.
I'd like to manouver in the menus with my Logitech Harmony and as far as i can see that would require a special IR-Detector that works even though the rest of the system is turned off.
I would not have a problem to override let us say a android-box (XIOS DS ?) with the OpenELEC if that is possible, or anything different.
From my perspective the NUK is rather on the pricy site compared to XIOS Wink well at least here in switzerland.
(2013-05-22, 16:56)herpaderp Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 16:05)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Intel Celeron 847 NUC + 2GB RAM + OpenELEC would not be too expensive, though "expensive" is all relative.

Hey there

First i'd like you to know that english isn't my mother tongue so please accept my apologies prior.

Second: I should have been a little more specific, i was not expecting such a fast response. I just have given the NUC a closer look and i must say it seems to be quite a nice, because variable, system what allows to design the nuc for every special need. (Wireless module, RAM choose etc) but at a very moment i realized that won't really live up to my expectations.
I'd like to manouver in the menus with my Logitech Harmony and as far as i can see that would require a special IR-Detector that works even though the rest of the system is turned off.
I would not have a problem to override let us say a android-box (XIOS DS ?) with the OpenELEC if that is possible, or anything different.
From my perspective the NUK is rather on the pricy site compared to XIOS Wink well at least here in switzerland.

No worries, your English is very good, much better than my French or German Smile. Your response will help folks here to help you. I would even suggest starting your own thread since it might get more attention. Since XIOS, etc. is not my expertise I will leave more responses to the experts here. Good luck!
Don't you think with a NUC and OpenELEC i gonna reproduce an overkill? (without chrome or firefox?)
The Celeron 847 works very well for OpenELEC. There are other Celeron 847 pre-builts available so you might be able to find one with a remote control. The Lenovo Q190 can come with a keyboard/mouse combination. I don't know if those are available where you are. They are considerably more expensive than something like one of the Android machines (which I again admit to knowing nothing about to know if it will meet your requirements).
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From which Group do you belong!?8