XBMC crashes when scraping movie files
Hi,

I’ve been using XBMC for about a year now on one machine with ubuntu 10.10, works decently apart from an issue of HDMI sound not working. Yesterday I got my hands on a brand new machine and thought to put windows 7 32bit on it instead due to the hdmi audio issue and run XBMC for another room in the house.

It appears to have installed fine and when scraping tv shows it’s all fine. But when I run the scraper for the files in my movie directory, XBMC crashes and never completes 1 file. I’ve tried imdb and themoviedb scrapers and neither seem to work.

I have also removed XBMC completely and started again and still the same thing is happening. It’s very frustrating and I can’t figure out why it is. Can someone please shed some light as to how I can fix this problem?
OoBlushNo
Star 
Welcome, I see it's your first post. From the information you have supplied it's not quite clear where the problem is. Simplify your issue by a base configuration that includes video on the local drive, so the path no longer includes network issues. Scan a single file manually. Properly configured, your default scrapers should not take down your XBMC system. Note the included link on how to report a problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Turn on debug run then scan and see if its one particular movie that's causing the problem or maybe its some rogue file causing it a debug log should tell you
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks for the advice but it's all good now. The issue was as simple as needing a windows update then worked as it should have.

In future I will use the provided link to report problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when scraping movie files0