JSON / Http API used?
Hi Guys I am interested to know which kind of API is used by the official Android release?

Indeed looking quickly into the source code I can sources for both type of API (AFAIU)...

Are some "features" interfaces with one kind of API while some others with the other kind or?
Is there a way to force switching from HTTP API use to JSON? Looking at the traces / logs, it appears that mostly HTTP API is used...

Thanks, and very good job on that client, I installed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, it works well in term of features etc!!!
Sole drawback is that UI is not really dedicated for that screen size but it is not as crappy as a lot of other apps built for small screens Smile
Afaik its mostly httpapi since version 2 of jsonrpc (the one in dharma) misses quite a bit of the needed features. When version 4 is released (in Eden) it will probably lube easier to migrate.

Cheers
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
thanks for the answer, seems inline with my understanding also...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON / Http API used?0