Windows 7 or Windows Home Server 2011?
I'm in the process of putting together my HTPC. I ordered (delivered today in fact) a Zoltac ND22 with 8gig of ram. I have a 160gig HDD to use till I pick up a good SSD and a 1T External HDD.

My question is which OS would be better. This will pretty much be a HTPC/NAS/SAB/Sick B/CP server. While backing up my home PC's isn't the main function it would be nice. So I guess what I am saying is, I would like to run WHS11 over W7. Is there a drawback to this?
My question is, why 8GB O.O ??

I would run Win7....
eskro Wrote:My question is, why 8GB O.O ??

I would run Win7....

It was cheap enough and came with a free 4gig jump drive. I figured for the extra few bucks it wouldn't hurt.

I haven't run WHS11 (or the original) so I thought I would ask. Any reason why you picked W7 over WHS11?
well even on Win7,
you can do SAB/SICK/COUCH,,,
No worries at all,,,

Since your PC will be an HTPC,
using WIndows7 as OS is widely spread and supported!!
i'm running whs2011 on my htpc and i'm doing fine with it.

couldn't find any drawback up to now, especially since the 2 weeks ago happened massive price drop of whs 2011.
im not against whs 2011, not at all,,, Tongue
QLink Wrote:i'm running whs2011 on my htpc and i'm doing fine with it.

couldn't find any drawback up to now, especially since the 2 weeks ago happened massive price drop of whs 2011.

Thanks. I set up the rig with W7 for now and is running nicely. I'll most likely try WHS11 once I get the SSD just to try it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 or Windows Home Server 2011?0