(ATV2) Slow Loading of Fanart/banners etc..
Does this also fix the stuttering music issue?
OK I am getting some stuttering on playback. I played three files (all 720p) and one of them was bad stutter (paul) with ac3 audio not syncing the other played fine (the mechanic) and the last one (shutter island) mp3 audio crashed when I tried to go forward. I only have stereo setup since Im watching this on a plasma wtih no surround sound but the stuttering and audio was bad. It shows like 14 fps on Paul.

download log here XBMC log

I am also having a problem below showing up all over my log

Code:
NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: [Notification Service] Telnet too soon? (61) Connection refused
ERROR: ffmpeg[E79E000]: [psxstr] Invalid parameters 801 62923 -536805376

Edit: This might only be with that movie since my little ones are watching tv shows flawlessly.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
wow, i just tested new build and thumbnails/fanarts are again OK. Great job!
classicspam Wrote:Does this also fix the stuttering music issue?

It fixed the stuttering music issue for me atleast, works just as it should now
canadave Wrote:I just played two TV shows and experienced no stuttering of any kind...not a single hiccup at all. It's beautiful.

Beautiful is the word! Thanks devs. Will watch some stuff tonight and see if there's any stuttering.
rflores2323 Wrote:OK I am getting some stuttering on playback. I played three files (all 720p) and one of them was bad stutter (paul) with ac3 audio not syncing the other played fine (the mechanic) and the last one (shutter island) mp3 audio crashed when I tried to go forward. I only have stereo setup since Im watching this on a plasma wtih no surround sound but the stuttering and audio was bad. It shows like 14 fps on Paul.

download log here XBMC log

I am also having a problem below showing up all over my log

Code:
NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: [Notification Service] Telnet too soon? (61) Connection refused
ERROR: ffmpeg[E79E000]: [psxstr] Invalid parameters 801 62923 -536805376

Edit: This might only be with that movie since my little ones are watching tv shows flawlessly.

thx for that post ... for beeing sure it would be helpfull if you test the same with a build from aug 30th ... so we can double check if it is really the "make all things fast" - commit which makes your movies stutter ...

thx

memphiz
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:thx for that post ... for beeing sure it would be helpfull if you test the same with a build from aug 30th ... so we can double check if it is really the "make all things fast" - commit which makes your movies stutter ...

thx

memphiz

I have played other movies and tv shows today and no stutter at all. must be the file.

GREAT JOB!!! Big Grin
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I have played other movies and tv shows today and no stutter at all. must be the file.

GREAT JOB!!! Big Grin

still applys ... if you want to help has it would be important if this file plays better on an some days older version ... for ruling out regressions ... if not - have fun Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
just upgraded to 20110831-b7436bd and there was a HUGE difference in how fast the fanart and banners loaded! THANKS Big GrinBig Grin
I had some stuttering after upgrading. Was only during fast 'action' scenes, not the entire file.

Not sure if it was the file, the xbmc version or the wifi. Will do more testing over the weekend and let you know my findings.
Just to clarify I have not had any stuttering issues before the upgrade.
Just jumped up to the Sep-2 nightly, no issues so far and fanart is much faster! Thanks!
I can confirm the September 2nd build is running beautifully. Fast thumb loading, no stuttering issues on 720p or SD. Accessing content from a NAS through SMB via Ethernet.
brave little meme loves you.
guys... its september already ... not aug...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(ATV2) Slow Loading of Fanart/banners etc..0