Remove XBMC logo
Hello there

is there anyway i can remove the xbmc and the neon logo from this skin?

Cheers john
why would you do that?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Simply put, to be a streamlined as possible. i have been hunting in the .xml files but at the moment i can't find my quarry.

So that is why i ask the question?

I have been using xbmc since it first hit the xbox and now it resides on a very small custom htpc, until now i have not run into anything that stopped me in my tracks but this has.

Hope someone can help

Regards John
johnjohn1981 Wrote:Simply put, to be a streamlined as possible. i have been hunting in the .xml files but at the moment i can't find my quarry.

I have been using xbmc since it first hit the xbox and now it resides on a very small custom htpc, until now i have not run into anything that stopped me in my tracks but this has.

Hope someone can help

Regards John

How does removing a logo make it streamlined? Are you talking file size?
Nothing to see here....
johnjohn1981 Wrote:Simply put, to be a streamlined as possible. i have been hunting in the .xml files but at the moment i can't find my quarry.

Hope someone can help

Regards John

I can assure you removing two logos that are only seen in System Settings is not going to streamline anything. If you are seeing performance issues (which I highly doubt this inquiry is about) let me know where and I will work with you to fix them. Otherwise, dig away in the xml.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I can assure you removing two logos that are only seen in System Settings is not going to streamline anything. If you are seeing performance issues (which I highly doubt this inquiry is about) let me know where and I will work with you to fix them. Otherwise, dig away in the xml.

To put your mind at rest no performance issues are visible and the experience which Neon provides is the best around.

Streamlined to me means no logos,branding etc, please dont take my own opinion the wrong way i respect the work that you and your peers do and of course i appreciate it.

To dig in the .xml i think i need a bigger spade.

Hope you can help Regards John
zepfan Wrote:How does removing a logo make it streamlined? Are you talking file size?

No by no means does size matter to me, it is the aesthetics that do.
Hey, smells like troll. Can you guys smell that?
What "XBMC" logo? The one on boot? That's hard coded in.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Transparency has a toggle in the skin settings to disable the xbmc logo on the home screen. I'm not sure where in the xml it's buried though.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ardalista Wrote:Transparency has a toggle in the skin settings to disable the xbmc logo on the home screen. I'm not sure where in the xml it's buried though.

Yeah i know and it must be as i can't find it.

Because the switch is now available in transparency means that the setting is available, just not easy to locate.
"Settings" are only available if they are coded into the skin. I have not added an option to enable or disable the logos and have no intention of doing so.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:"Settings" are only available if they are coded into the skin. I have not added an option to enable or disable the logos and have no intention of doing so.

Thanks for clarifying this stoli, i totally respect your stance on this.

Thank you for your time and i hope i have not offended anyone by this request.

Better send a post Ronie's way

Regards and best wishes John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove XBMC logo0