Diffuse border
I've checked the wiki but I can't seem to find whether you can specify a border for a diffuse image. I'm trying to maintain the aspect ratio of my rounded corners but when the aspect ratio of the image changes so does my diffuse. Any one know if it's possible and if so, how?
Its not possible sorry been requested but jmarshall said it will slow things down too much
Shame because I'd love to see that feature.
Indeed I asked once and its because when you put a border on an image it actually gets cut and rendered into 9 separate images than then get stretched out individually

And if you then add another diffuse with a border of the top (red lines) that don't match the one below it can go crazy and you get 25 separate images that all need to been worked out different as well as have transperancy applied to them

I even made a ticket about it a while ago (2 years)
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7056
Indeed, that's the reason. It's not the slowness per-se, but rather the amount of computation required to generate all the vertices and so on (and make sure we get it right).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Although I'm sure many will probably do stupid things like I posted above jmarshall the main reason we want this is too diffuse Icons and we don't apply a border to them (because it would look dumb) so really we are still only doing it 9 times

Maybe adding a simple logic check of if the image has a border then the diffuse wont get one applied so it never goes over the current 9 ?
Seeing as most diffuse textures are used for round corners could we not just have a 'rounded corner' option for textures - either a percentage or pixel value - that way if the image is shown 'as is' it would still keep round corners?

Or am I simplifying a complex procedure?

EDIT: I also see Jezz asked about an 'overlay texture' and Jonathan said it wouldn't be a problem so I'd like to request that again please.

Either of these options would allow us to 'pretty up' images that keep their aspect ratio.

Thanks.
I like Hitchers proposal. Sounds nice and simple, although when it comes to programming it, I'm sure it won't be.
Using diffuse with border and main image without could be an option. It's not necessarily trivial though (technically that would be the same as swapping diffuse and main texture, except for the weirdness in the way orientation works for the main texture).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hitcher Wrote:Seeing as most diffuse textures are used for round corners could we not just have a 'rounded corner' option for textures - either a percentage or pixel value - that way if the image is shown 'as is' it would still keep round corners?
I'm against the just rounded corners idea I for one would like to other shapes like straight cut offs or even paper tares so I'm for the diffuse option myself
Sorry, I didn't mean replace it just another option - we'd still want diffuses for reflections after all. I'd still like overlays (with a border size) to be considered though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Diffuse border0