OCZ Vertex 2 60gb ssd
its really bad that they have allowed so many to become faulty, its almost like we are the guinea pigs testing the drives longevity.

The drive is being picked up tomorrow for free, from a well known online shop.
Wow, all these reports are starting to scare me! And here I thought and SSD was supposed to be more reliable than an HDD?! I have a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 also, but havent had any issues. Idk what the F/W is though but ill have to check it now
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Wow, all these reports are starting to scare me! And here I thought and SSD was supposed to be more reliable than an HDD?! I have a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 also, but havent had any issues. Idk what the F/W is though but ill have to check it now

You can use that tool off their site to check it, or also if you're in windows you can go to the device manager and it shows it off the hardware setting.

If you're not at 1.33 it's suggested you upgrade there and also disable harddrive sleep on your machine and go to your bios and change the power settings to S1.
fional Wrote:You can use that tool off their site to check it, or also if you're in windows you can go to the device manager and it shows it off the hardware setting.

If you're not at 1.33 it's suggested you upgrade there and also disable hardware sleep on your machine and go to your bios and change the power settings to S1.

Thanks a bunch! Updated! I was on 1.25 I think, but now its all good. Hopefully I dont have any problems now...
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Thanks a bunch! Updated! I was on 1.25 I think, but now its all good. Hopefully I dont have any problems now...

hope you have more luck than some including me.
fional Wrote:What firmware was the one you received now?

I just set my Windows7 so that the HD's never sleep and the Bios powersetting was already set to S1, which is what was recommended.

Supposedly, if it was factory 1.33 I couldn't find any reported instances in that sleep issue.

I ran the OCZ toolbox just now and it claimed 100% health, but then I'm only a few weeks old.

Maybe I should of went with Corsair...but the reviews I read seemed good at the time, should of dug deeper I guess Sad

i ran the toolbox only last week which also claimed 100% health, what happened i wonder!
new drive replacement arrived today and im up and running again. I managed to get the image i created working so dont seem to have lost anything, fingers crossed Smile

Disabled sleep mode until new fixes come out and its a 1.32 firmware so must upgrade to 1.33 again
Atomic7431 Wrote:new drive replacement arrived today and im up and running again. I managed to get the image i created working so dont seem to have lost anything, fingers crossed Smile

Disabled sleep mode until new fixes come out and its a 1.32 firmware so must upgrade to 1.33 again

That was fast! Glad the image worked and hopefully disabling sleep is enough of a precaution.
That was fast! Was it a RMA or a store replacement? Mine (RMA) took over a month, but also came v1.33
Kirky99 Wrote:That was fast! Was it a RMA or a store replacement? Mine (RMA) took over a month, but also came v1.33

it was rma but through an online retailer, 355 days old drive.

hope for more longevity this time, if not then i may go intel, more monies !
Yeah, mine had a rebate so Newegg couldn't/wouldn't take it back with their warranty period. I had to go through OCZ. Lucky You! Upgrade that firmware for sure!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb ssd0