[Iphone 4.3.3] How to download and install Nightlies to Iphone
Can someone please explain how to update XBMC to the nightly builds on the Iphone?

I have mobileterminal and seem to have logged in correctly but wget isn't working....

my command line shows:
Patricks-iPhone:- root#

from there I was entering the first line in the instructions "wget" with the URL but I keep getting an error.
That's because you didn't install wget. The instructions sort of assume you've already installed the basic unix tools. You can go into Cydia, set it to "Hacker" mode, search for wget and install it that way.

Alternatively, you can just download the file on your PC, connect to your iPhone via WinSCP (or your preferred SFTP/SCP client) and copy the file over to it there, where you can then complete the instructions as normal.
Thanks!
Ok, got wget to work and seemed to install the nightly with no problems.

Now, dpkg -latest_ios.deb isn't working

Patricks-iPhone:- root# dpkg -latest_ios.deb
dpkg: unknown option -t
CinemaPat Wrote:Ok, got wget to work and seemed to install the nightly with no problems.

http://man.cx/dpkg-deb%281%29
CinemaPat Wrote:Can someone please explain how to update XBMC to the nightly builds on the Iphone?

I have mobileterminal and seem to have logged in correctly but wget isn't working....

my command line shows:
Patricks-iPhone:- root#

from there I was entering the first line in the instructions "wget" with the URL but I keep getting an error.

Don't bother with that. Just grab iFile from Cydia. In Safari click on the download link in the nightly thread. It will load and after it's done downloading press "open in iFile". iFile will then ask what you want to do and select "Install". Bam, you're done. Don't forget to delete the .deb file since you won't need it anymore (swipe to delete files in iFile). iFile is really good to have for a number of reasons, XBMC related and more.
CinemaPat Wrote:Ok, got wget to work and seemed to install the nightly with no problems.

You need to read the instructions more carefully. You made a typo.

It's dpkg -i latest_ios.deb

NOT

dpkg -latest_ios.deb
well I'll be damned....you're right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Iphone 4.3.3] How to download and install Nightlies to Iphone0