Failed to initialize audio device - Check your audio settings
Hey guys, im new here and im new to XBMC.
I have this HTPC setup:
WinXP Pro SP3
Audiotrak Maya 7.1 sound card running S/PDIF with optical cable
Nvidia Gforce 8400 GS GFX card for helping me out with my HighDef movies

Everything works fine in MPC-HC running movies smoothly and DTS running awsome, i love it, but i would also just love to get a Media Center UI like here in XBMC, but ive been running into problems.

1: Movies dont run so smooth as in MPC, they lag like the fps is too low.
2: I keep getting Failure to initialize audio device - check your audio settings
and i have they are set to my sound card as in MPC running through spdif and i have chosen digital and DTS/AC3 is checked.
If i uncheck these, sound works, if i change digital to Analog, sound works, but its not DTS its giving me, and i would like it too. And then there is the lag, how can i get it to play the movies correctly? in MPC i run the movies through the GFX (DXVA) but it seems i cant in XBMC.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Have a nice day

/FlyveR
The hardware acceleration in XBMC requires DXVA2, and this isn't supported on WinXP. You'll need to upgrade to Win7 for XBMC to use hardware acceleration.

MPC-HC uses DXVA1, which is in WinXP. If upgrading to Win7 isn't an option you could try configuring MPC-HC as an external player, but this is a certain amount of hassle. I'd upgrade to Win7!

JR
For number 2. Check if your htpc can handle ac3 (Dolby digital) or dts, this could be the problem with the audio. Also check if you are using the latest audio drivers for your htpc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to initialize audio device - Check your audio settings0