Use Extra Fanart
I super love the skin! I am currently fiddling around with different options that comes with transparency and I found the general misc options. Enabling the Use extra fanart seems to slow down the transition between movies so much that it seems very glitchy. I'm guessing this is because of the fade between the fanarts of the movies. Is it possible to have the speed when switching between movies be closer to the speed of switching menu items on the home screen? Also I like the clear logo downloader script. Is it possible to have a script that will download all the extra fanarts for movies and tv shows as well?

EDIT: I have noticed that the slow downs only occur on movies that have extra fanart, other ones without are fine.

Thanks
blueicing
it's a known side-effect of using extra-fanart.
to the best of my knowledge, there's no fix.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So this is an XBMC issue vs Transparency?
Really its the drives waking up, atleast in my opionion, cuz once I scroll thru and hit all my drives - I got things stored on like 4-5 drives - once I scroll thru them once everything transitions very smoothly like its built inot XBMC...But the initial passthrough I get a small pause as the drive wakes up.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I get a lag even after going through my library. So my hard drives are already spinning and its all loaded. Maybe a solid state would fix the problem but they are just too small. Plus its fine when there isn't extra fan art with the movie and I can fly though my library then. Its just when it has to go into the sub-folder and create the fade transition that it slows down.
I have upgraded to a nightly build and !T and it seem to be fixed. Sorry for wasting time!
First of all, I like T! a lot.
I think it is an easy to understand skin, but very complete. For me, this is the favourite skin. Thx for all the effort in making this possible.

My question is as follows: before using pre-Eden/nightlies, i was able to see extrafanart slideshows, while browsing through my movies in File mode.
I prefer filemode, because I divided my movies in MOVIES MY SON, MOVIES MYSELF and MOVIES MYWIFE. This way, even my wife and son are able to find their movies quickly, without use of filters and all.

Problem is, in filemode, the extrafanart on top level does not work anymore.
I can only see one fanart, but not the slideshow of extrafanarts, stored in the subfolder extrafanart with; fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg(...)
When I select a movie(-folder), I see: .actors, extrafanart (both folders) and the moviefile itself.
In this moviefolder, the extrafanart works, even for .actors and the folder extrafanart.

My question is, if there is a way to make the extrafanart work also in toplevel filemode?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use:
XBMC (Alexandr Surkov PVR) 2:11.0-pvr+odk65-eden~git20120219.26797f4-0ubuntu1~ppa1+odk65~oneiric

T! V.4.0.4.

On an Ubuntu Oneiric install.
***Bump***

maurizo Wrote:First of all, I like T! a lot.
I think it is an easy to understand skin, but very complete. For me, this is the favourite skin. Thx for all the effort in making this possible.

My question is as follows: before using pre-Eden/nightlies, i was able to see extrafanart slideshows, while browsing through my movies in File mode.
I prefer filemode, because I divided my movies in MOVIES MY SON, MOVIES MYSELF and MOVIES MYWIFE. This way, even my wife and son are able to find their movies quickly, without use of filters and all.

Problem is, in filemode, the extrafanart on top level does not work anymore.
I can only see one fanart, but not the slideshow of extrafanarts, stored in the subfolder extrafanart with; fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg(...)
When I select a movie(-folder), I see: .actors, extrafanart (both folders) and the moviefile itself.
In this moviefolder, the extrafanart works, even for .actors and the folder extrafanart.

My question is, if there is a way to make the extrafanart work also in toplevel filemode?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use:
XBMC (Alexandr Surkov PVR) 2:11.0-pvr+odk65-eden~git20120219.26797f4-0ubuntu1~ppa1+odk65~oneiric

T! V.4.0.4.

On an Ubuntu Oneiric install.
maurizo Wrote:My question is, if there is a way to make the extrafanart work also in toplevel filemode?

if you enable stacking, the extrafanart will show at top level.
would that be a problem for you?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:if you enable stacking, the extrafanart will show at top level.
would that be a problem for you?

I am afraid I don't understand how "stacking" works.

Is this an option I need to enable within XBMC, or do I need to copy edit my advancedsettings.xml?
I looked it up on: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml
but I am afraid I do not understand what I must add to advancedsettings.xml for any stacking to work.
(I am not really familiair with the regular expressions).

If this would result that extrafanart would be enabled on toplevel, this would be great.

Your help is appreciated.
maurizo Wrote:I am afraid I don't understand how "stacking" works.

Is this an option I need to enable within XBMC, or do I need to copy edit my advancedsettings.xml?

it's a setting in xbmc.
when you're browsing your videos, navigate to the left, until the hidden side menu shows up.
you'll find the stacking option there.

see:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...he_library
ronie Wrote:it's a setting in xbmc.
when you're browsing your videos, navigate to the left, until the hidden side menu shows up.
you'll find the stacking option there.

see:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...he_library

That's it!!!! Excellent. It works like I want it.

I did not know the word "stacking", as I use the Dutch language. In Dutch it is "groeperen". I don't have to edit my advancedsettings.xml, I can just select this option. Another advantage is that the movie starts playing directly, and I dont have to select the main movie.

Thanks a lot for your support and making this awesome skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Extra Fanart0