Rom Collection Browser
Hi everybody,

I did some search on google and in a few forums, but i can't find a solution
for my problem. I dont't know if this is the right section to post this, if it's not feel free to move this thread.

I would like to start roms over XBMC and i want to start GlovePie with a script the same time, so that i can only start my wiimote, autoconnect it and play my games.I tried two different ways, which i'll explain to you.

Variant 1:
With the integrated Launcher and a selfmade batch file looking like this:
start C:\blablabla\project64.exe %rom%
start C:\blablabla\GlovePie.exe -Wiimotescript.PIE

So this works just fine, i can choose a game hit enter, start my wiimote, it connects automaticaly and after closing the applications im back in XBMC, but i dont see any thumbnails in XBMC for my roms. Just like in the description i put a file with the same name as the rom and the ending ".jpg" in my rom folder, add the rom folder to my launcher but nothing happens no thumbnails.

Variant 2:
With rom collection browser, amazing plugin, i can see description, thumbnails, fanarts, ..., but rom collection browser can't handle the batch file.

So is there a possibility either add thumbnails to the launcher or otherwise start GlovePie with rom collection browser. Starting GlovePIE with windows is not an option because i have 3 emuators integrated in XBMC and every emulator has his own script in GlovePIE, so it has to start GlovePIE with the needed script when i open a rom in rom collection browser.

Sorry for my bad english. Im a swiss guy Smile
Hope anyone can help me solving my problem or explain a different way to me how to get this to work. Thanks for responses.

Greetings from switzerland
Hey, did you ever solve this?

I'm curently trying to do the exact same thing, almost!
(2011-07-27, 08:18)burningstone Wrote: Hi everybody,

I did some search on google and in a few forums, but i can't find a solution
for my problem. I dont't know if this is the right section to post this, if it's not feel free to move this thread.

I would like to start roms over XBMC and i want to start GlovePie with a script the same time, so that i can only start my wiimote, autoconnect it and play my games.I tried two different ways, which i'll explain to you.

Variant 1:
With the integrated Launcher and a selfmade batch file looking like this:
start C:\blablabla\project64.exe %rom%

So this works just fine, i can choose a game hit enter, start my wiimote, it connects automaticaly and after closing the applications im back in XBMC, but i dont see any thumbnails in XBMC for my roms. Just like in the description i put a file with the same name as the rom and the ending ".jpg" in my rom folder, add the rom folder to my launcher but nothing happens no thumbnails.

Variant 2:
With rom collection browser, amazing plugin, i can see description, thumbnails, fanarts, ..., but rom collection browser can't handle the batch file.

So is there a possibility either add thumbnails to the launcher or otherwise start GlovePie with rom collection browser. Starting GlovePIE with windows is not an option because i have 3 emuators integrated in XBMC and every emulator has his own script in GlovePIE, so it has to start GlovePIE with the needed script when i open a rom in rom collection browser.

Sorry for my bad english. Im a swiss guy Smile
Hope anyone can help me solving my problem or explain a different way to me how to get this to work. Thanks for responses.

Greetings from switzerland
I do not know exactly how works RCB, but if you want to pass an argument into a .bat file it must be %1 (for 1st argument), %2 (for 1st argument), etc... So your .bat file must be like this :

Code:
start C:\blablabla\project64.exe %1

Then into RCB settings you must have to start your. bat file with %rom% as argument. If it's not working, a third variant will be to use Advanced Launcher : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rom Collection Browser0