Help! Lags playing .vob over the network
Hello, I'm new to XBMC. Just set up my HTPC and installed XBMC for Windows. I tested it right after installation by playing a .vob file (8GB) over a network share (mapped drive), but it was buffering every few seconds.

Here's my HTPC config:
Gigabyte AMD Fusion: ga-e350n-usb3
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ent x32
80GB SATA (System)
300GB SATA (Data)
Gigabit network

Movie shared folder on a XP virtual machine. I also have 2 media players connected with 100Mb and streaming video through this network share has no problem.

I just installed Windows 7 and XBMC, nothing else. Are there any tweaks or settings I need to do? Or the system configuration is not good enough?

If this problem has been posted before, can someone please redirect me to?

Thanks!!!!
Did you try copying the data locally and see if that makes it work well? Help determine if it is a network or hardware/configuration issue.
flyguy879 Wrote:Did you try copying the data locally and see if that makes it work well? Help determine if it is a network or hardware/configuration issue.

You are right. I read many reviews that this board could play 1080 smoothly, so never thought it could be the board. I did copy an 8GB .vob file locally. It was lagging even I played it locally. Anything I need to set on the driver side?

Thanks for your reply!!
Perfect! That's a step in the right direction, next we will probably want to check and see if DXVA is enabled for XBMC.

DXVA uses your GPU / Video Processor to decode video, it's usually entirely needed on low power systems (ie: Atom/Fusion).

Inside XBMC -> System -> Video -> Playback

Look for "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" make sure that is enabled.
flyguy879 Wrote:Perfect! That's a step in the right direction, next we will probably want to check and see if DXVA is enabled for XBMC.

DXVA uses your GPU / Video Processor to decode video, it's usually entirely needed on low power systems (ie: Atom/Fusion).

Inside XBMC -> System -> Video -> Playback

Look for "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" make sure that is enabled.

That's it!! My friend just didn't tell me the details. He simply said just install it and it would work. I thought it was like other media player.

Thanks!!!!
By the way, I believe the network driver was also the cause of the problem as well. I was having same problem with Windows Media Center, but after updating the driver to the latest one from Gigabyte, I had no problem at all. Since I did not make any setting changes on WMC, the only thing would be the network driver that resolved the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! Lags playing .vob over the network0