Simple? Addon Request
Hi, I have been hunting high and low for help regarding an addon I would like to make with very little success.

I simply want a button on my xbmc menu (or an addon in my favourites section) that can move files from one directory in my AppleTV to a remote directory on an SMB share. I noticed the file manager in xbmc can do this but i would like to speed the process up with 1 click.

Can anyone help me do this please?
You could create a button that would take you right into the file manager...?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Yes, but thats not what im after, i want a button to automate the process of copying a file from one directory to a remote directory.

A file downloaded from icefilms and stored on my AppleTV, i want to be able to transfer it to my nas drive with 1 click. As icefilms itself doesnt support saving media to an smb share.

So i'd download a video, then press a button and it transfers said video to my nas, without using the file manager manually.
There is a "move" function: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Act...le_Manager But I wouldn't know how to implement it or anything i'm afraid.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
No IceFilms discussions (see here), but regarding this topic in general...

An add-on might be able to download content via SMB if you use pathsubs. I've never tried this, so I don't know if it would work, but you could try:

1. Make a text document called advancedsettings.xml and save it in your userdata folder

2. Paste and save this into that document:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>local/file/path/add-on/wants/to/use/</from>
    <to>smb://server/location/you/want/to/use/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Thanks, I'll give that a go when I get home from work. Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the context menu whilst selecting a movie to add "Copy to SMB Share" for example?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple? Addon Request0