Media not showing
Hi all !

So I installed XBMC yesterday, and it seems nice, but it's not really working as a DLNA server. XBMC server is visible from my TV, it allows me to enter, shows up a "Music library" and a "Video library", both are empty.

Config :
- Windows 7 Embedded (on a Thin Client) configured with Private Network and media sharing is enabled
- Mapped drive to my desktop where media is
- Samsung television

What I am able to do is display the TC directly through VGA and use my Android phone as a remote for XBMC. That works perfectly (it is very nice and works very well, doesn't it ? Smile ), videos can be started, no problem... I guess everything works just fine, except I don't see the different video sources through the network on my television.

Any service I should start ? Any configuration I should change regarding network ? This TC is supposed to be used primarily as a DLNA server, so whatever needs to be changed, will be.

And last accessory question - doesn't it get easier when installed on a Linux ? Thought I might just install Ubuntu on that Thin Client...

Regards,
XBMC will only shared media from the library via uPnP. Have you scanned your video and music into the library?

I think I recall comments in the forum saying that some TVs won't read media from XBMC even when the media is in the library. I suspect the XBMC DLNA code isn't all it could be. The problem is that unless the devs go out and buy TVs to test with it's hard for us to fix this sort of problem. I think most users would have a separate HTPC, like a Revo or similar, connected directly to the TV. That way you get the full benefit of the XBMC user interface.

JR
Is my media in the library ?

When I'm in XBMC, I mean on Windows, and I go to Videos, I see all the sources I added. On each source I can "Set content", and I configured it to scan automatically for information (although I think this only has to do with information from the different databases like MovieDB and such). That works too... it gathers information about my movies and shows posters for most of them. So that's how far I am... is my media in the library ? Or how can I make sure it is ?

Also, when I go through the Android remote, and ask to see my "Series" source, I get a list of banners of series, which are all indeed some of the series I do have in my source, but when I click on any of those banners, it says "No seasons found" (or something like that, I'm not at home right now). So does that mean I didn't really created a proper library ?
In any list of videos/music press the left arrow and a pane will pop out from the left. On that pane enable "library mode" and XBMC will switch to displaying titles from your library. You can browse around to see what's in the library.

If "library mode" is disabled on the popout pane, it means you don't have anything scanned to the library.

JR
Well... I looked for that view mode and went into Library. I've got "Movies" and "TV Shows". In "Movies", I think I see all of them (there are a lot, and I see a lot, so I don't know if all of them are there). In "TV Shows", I only retrieve two of them and none of the other ones seems to be seen.

Anyway, when I go to XBMC with the television, there's still no media available. Actually, it says "Request cannot be completed" when I enter the Video Library.

I just installed the add-on "XBMC Library auto update", and I just did a new update, still nothing.

I'm sure it hasn't got to do anything with the codecs, because the same videos are playing fine through upnp on my Popcorn, and I have so much videos (1.2TB) I can't imagine that not one of them would be playable on the TV.
It sounds like a problem with the DLNA negotiation between the TV and XBMC. If so there isn't much we can do about it (unless you buy us a TV to test with :-).

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media not showing0