New build, What ati settings and 24p help
Hi all

I have a 6570 ati gfx card and was wanting some help.

What is the best settings for playing DVD and blu rays as there's is 2 different colour formats limited and full whoch is what I think there called..

Where is this setting and how do you change it and which option.

2nd question

I have a pioneer 5090 tv and have the 24p option when I select sync to movie format which are 24p mkvs the movie stutters all over and does not play right even tried turning off gfx accel and on but still the same. It's ok in 60hz can anyone help on that

Thanks
Anyone

Dont know what to pick for bluray and DVD and mkv playback

In the ati control panel there are 4 options

YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format
YCbCr 4:2:2 pixel format
RGB 4:4:4 pixel format studio (limited rgb)
RGB 4:4:4 pixel format PC (FULL rgb)

I am usin a hdmi cable to my 5090 pioneer tv and don't know which to pick as I will not be using the desktop or gaming on this machine it's only for xbmc playing videos

Any help

Thanks
It shouldn't really matter, but technically YCbCr is the best choice and RGB full range the least preferred choice, because of the amount of converting it requires (which generates a mostly theoretical quality loss). The source is YCbCr 4:2:0 limited, so work from that. In reality, you shouldn't notice any difference, unless you choose RGB limited while your TV is in full range, or vice-versa. Still, I've heard that some TV's have bad convertors and work better with certain formats, so it's always best to do some testing and let your eyes decide.
Thanks so is

This full
YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format

And this limited
YCbCr 4:2:2 pixel format

As it does not say or are the both limited or full, so it's best not to pick the rgb modes then ?

My tv is a pioneer 5090.
Full or limited only applies to RGB modes. YCbCr always operates as limited. RGB limited is more of a compatibility format.

If you want a simple answer, pick YCbCr 4:2:2.

The difference between YCbCr 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 is the amount of detail transferred. 4:4:4 is capable of transferring the most detail, but it's also overkill because the source has less detail than 4:2:2, so choosing 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 shouldn't make any difference as long as you play movies. Theoretically 4:2:2 requires the least conversion and it's also more of a standard afaik.

Anyway, it's all much more complex than it needs to be. Too many choices that don't really make a difference because all hardware is capable of outputting and handling all formats, so you can't really pick wrong. Doing some tests is still good to see if your TV has problems with certain modes, but if it looks good, you're ok.
thanks all

YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format it is then

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build, What ati settings and 24p help0