Crystal HD and Windows - DX or GL build???
I have an old mini with GMA 950 and a core duo as media center.

Recently installed 2GB RAM, Lion and W7 on bootcamp. Added Crystal HD and a MCE remote to it.

Used Bootcamp 4.0 drivers. Here is the question:

Does Crystal HD works with xbmc dx 10.1 on windows 7 natively? Or I should I use a GL build?

Am I better off running xbmc + crystal HD in OSX? Would it support the MCE remote then?

Thanks
I use a Mac Mini with a 1.66GHz Core Duo and the Intel GPU, and I find everything plays fine without needing any acceleration. Admittedly I don't have any 1080p videos; everything is 720p or SD.

If you have the drivers for the Crystal HD installed the DirectX version of XBMC (i.e. the release version from xbmc.org) will use it automatically. If you enable debug logging and look at the log it will tell you if the Crystal HD is being detected and used.

JR
I Have Dx version official build and the correct Crystal HD drivers

What makes me really confused is that on MPC-HC, a 1080p mkv will play very smooth, with a low CPU footprint accelerated by Crystal HD.

The same file in XBMC is unwatchable. This is why I'm really confused whether the card is in fact being used or not.

I'll try the debug log and post it here later.

Thanks for the reply.
As it turns out Crystal HD is working fine.

My receiver does not support DTS, only AC3, so I unchecked DTS passthrough in the settings, which means DTS->AC3 transcoding is enabled.

And then I noticed a pattern:

1080p movies with DTS Audio: 14fps
1080p movies with DD Audio: 24fps OK
720p movies either Audio OK

CPU sits arround 25% usage for any of the above.

It still doesn't explain why MPC-HC, doing the same task (transcoding DTS to DD) and running the same file using crystal HD manages to sustain 24fps easily...
Crystal HD support in the Dharma release is not efficient. There is a speedup in the nightly builds after July 27. You may want to try them (they're not stable so be prepared to encounter the odd bug) or wait for the next release, Eden.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD and Windows - DX or GL build???0