Remote sending multiple key presses...all of a sudden.
Been using a universal remote with an ir receiver for over a year and a half and everything's great. today, for some reason, one keypress on the remote is registering as several of the same keypresses.

not just in xbmc or eventghost, but for pretty much everything on the computer.

now i have an identical setup in another room with the same model universal remote, same model ir receiver, and similar computer running the same operating system (windows 7). Hell, it's even the same install of xbmc. i keep it in sync and in portable mode. This other computer is registering the keypresses just fine, which leads me to believe that it's some sort of strange driver issue with windows.

the remote from the other room reproduces the same multiple keypresses when i bring try it on this computer, so it's not a problem with the remote itself.

any ideas? if it is indeed a driver issue, is there some way for me to uninstall the weird corrupted driver on my main computer, and use the driver from the computer in my other room?

any help is appreciated. thx.

FIXED!!!
had to do a system restore to about a week ago before a major windows system update. that sorta sucks. i'm afraid to update my windows 7 installation for fear of this problem returning. what's the deal? did windows break my ability to use my ir receiver?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote sending multiple key presses...all of a sudden.0